Rhino Rider in Aruba

lgarner

DH and I are thinking of trying this in Aruba in a few weeks - I read some old posts and found the company name and the cost but I don't know how long the tour is or how much time we have for snorkeling. Also, will they pick us up at the cruise ship dock? Does anyone have any info? Thanks in advance.

Lisa

The trip is about three hours and they give you plenty of time to skornel. Just a word of warning... You drive the boats to the site, and you are not far out, and not the best place in Aruba to Snorkel. Not bad, just not great. The real advantage of the trip is the drive there and back.... BTY, I do recommend this one, it is a real lot of fun....

I did this on a land vacation so I cannot comment on port pick-up.

thanks smoothdancer - I appreciate the input. DH also thought this wouldn't be the best snorkeling trip we've ever done but we want the ride! We are renting a vehicle that day and will then go to one of the beaches know for the snorkeling.

Do you tie the boats up to a dock when you snorkel or do we "hop" off in the water and then try to gracefully (HA) climb back on from the water? We did a kayak trip once where I had to get back in the Kayak from the water and that was a real joke!!!!!

Lisa

Are you ready for this?.. When you get to the dock where you snorkel they tie the boats one to another(they do this for you)... Then you jump from one boat to the other to get to the dock... You cant look down, you just have to do it, and do it fast!! They are like that heavy rubber so you just kind of bounce(can you picutre this?)

I think we were about boat # 3 and I was able to do it, and well I am not the most athletic or graceful person in the world, so you should be fine... I think they have six boats in the tour. It was a lot of fun

• 2 weeks later...

If you would like I can dig up the number for you to call them directly. I would not suggest it though. They do this twice a day and if they dont have enough people they will cancel one time and combine them. This happened to us, and they called our hotel to tell us. On a cruise, there would be no way to contact you and you might end up dissapointed.

• 1 month later...

We booked directly through Atlantis Adventures two months before our trip. Our time was confirmed when making reservation for 9:30 a.m. A couple of days before our cruise they sent email confirming our time at 2:30 which wouldn't work since our ship was sailing at 5. After numerous emails they said they would put us on a 8:30 a.m. trip. Our ship wasn't

docking until 8:15 but they said they thought we could make it.

They told us to try to book through the ship but since the ship

was leaving in two days the tour was booked up so we were wait listed.

Long story short, we ended up on a 12:30 tour of course at the cruise

ship's price of $189.00-not the $128.00 price-we booked on their website.

The Rhino Rider was a blast, I agree the snorkeling was not great, but

you have fun on the ride their and back. Our guide was alot of fun.

Moral of story--don't book through their website if you have a schedule--

The extra money it costs through the ship is worth it for peace of mind.

Incidentally, we booked a Rhino Rider tour through Shoretrips in St. Marteen and everything went perfectly--go figure!

Archived