Volcano Tours in Nicaragua

CarolandNate

Nicaragua seems to be about the volcanoes.  We are looking at doing one through Princess.  The three that jump out at me are

Masaya Volcano & Hacienda Los Altos Cultural Experience                      7 1/2 hours      $99.95                    

Nature Experience, Masaya Volcano, Apoyo Lagoon and Granada             8 1/4 hours     $99.95                       

Granada, Masaya Market & Volcano, Lunch & Shopping  8 1/2 hours      $99.95                       

Does anyone have any thoughts on the merits of each?

1 hour ago, CarolandNate said:

Nicaragua seems to be about the volcanoes.  We are looking at doing one through Princess.  The three that jump out at me are

Masaya Volcano & Hacienda Los Altos Cultural Experience                      7 1/2 hours      $99.95                    

Nature Experience, Masaya Volcano, Apoyo Lagoon and Granada             8 1/4 hours     $99.95                       

Granada, Masaya Market & Volcano, Lunch & Shopping  8 1/2 hours      $99.95                       

Does anyone have any thoughts on the merits of each?

This is the one we took and enjoyed!  👍

Thank you.  Just out of curiosity, how long ago and why did you choose that over the other two.  I noticed that although all three are the same price, this the shortest, but spends the most time at the volcano itself.  There was a fourth to Mombacho, but it cost a lot more pp and it seemed to put more emphasis on hiking.  Just what I want to do, pay more, so I can hike.

• 4 weeks later...

@OCruisers

A couple of weeks ago, you said you went on Masaya Volcano & Hacienda Los Altos Cultural Experience 

Nicaragua.  Why did you choose this one.  Please tell the best parts.  We are going in Dec 2019, but I would like to know what I can so I can make an informed decision.  Did you book it in advance or did you wait until you were on the ship.

Thanks

• 1 month later...
On 10/17/2018 at 9:10 PM, OCruisers said:

What was it about this one that you liked as opposed to the other two.  I see that they all take about the same time to and back, give or take 15 minutes.  This one, seems to spend more time at the volcano, itself.  And it spend a good deal of time at the farm.  Are there interesting things to see on the way, while on the bus? 

Thanks in advance.