Bus from Maho Beach to Marigot?

Brandis

We usually take the public bus (small Toyota vans) from Philipsburg to Maho Beach.

This time, we would like to go to Marigot later in the day. Are there buses to Marigot passing Maho Beach or would I have to backtrack a bit in a bus to Philipsburg and change busses somewhere?

• 3 weeks later...

I have never done it, but my understanding is that you have to backtrack from Maho to the big traffic circle by the KFC, and then catch a bus to Marigot.  I do not believe that any buses go directly from Maho to Marigot.  I am sure the bus driver will let you know and will drop you off at the right place.

We asked the bus driver we flagged down at Maho Beach where we would need to change busses and he offered to take us to Marigot for $5 each. He then said he could pick up another load of passengers and then come back for us later and bring us back to Philipsburg later. He was there right on time 45 min. later and brought us back to Philipsburg for another $5 each.

In Marigot he dropped us off at the Market Square where they sold nice shirts for good prices and there were a few restaurants as well.

Prices are shown in Euros, but they accept $ as well at a 1:1 exchange rate which gives you a great deal if you pay in $, as the Euro normally is worth about $1.14

• 11 months later...
On 10/18/2018 at 6:20 AM, Brandis said:

We usually take the public bus (small Toyota vans) from Philipsburg to Maho Beach.

This time, we would like to go to Marigot later in the day. Are there buses to Marigot passing Maho Beach or would I have to backtrack a bit in a bus to Philipsburg and change busses somewhere?

Can I ask where in Philipsburg you catch the bus? Like street or area? I haven't seen anything specific for where to catch it.