Ship's Captain Email

We found a great price on a 5 night cruise.  In discussing this with family, we are all going, including my grandson.  He will be missing a few days of school to do this.  We would like to make it a learning opportunity due to this.  I was wondering if one of the officers could spend a short couple of minutes to give an overview of some part of the technology.  Does the ship's captain have an email address?  Can we send an email?  We will be on Indy in January.

19 minutes ago, cruisefan0110 said:

We found a great price on a 5 night cruise.  In discussing this with family, we are all going, including my grandson.  He will be missing a few days of school to do this.  We would like to make it a learning opportunity due to this.  I was wondering if one of the officers could spend a short couple of minutes to give an overview of some part of the technology.  Does the ship's captain have an email address?  Can we send an email?  We will be on Indy in January.

You can sign up for the All-Access tour which would give you 2-3 hours of behind the scenes touting and info.

• Like 2

Thanks for the quick response Bob.  If I remember correctly, those are about $175/person.  For 2 people that would cost more than what one us paid for the cruise.  If this isn't possible, maybe I can get him into the upper tier event (if they have one on the short cruise).  I have had a couple of good conversations there.  Thank you again.

3 minutes ago, cruisefan0110 said:

Thanks for the quick response Bob.  If I remember correctly, those are about $175/person.  For 2 people that would cost more than what one us paid for the cruise.  If this isn't possible, maybe I can get him into the upper tier event (if they have one on the short cruise).  I have had a couple of good conversations there.  Thank you again.

Check the cost on board and also in your Cruise Planner.  I believe they have reduced the scope of the tour and also the cost.

5 hours ago, cruisefan0110 said:

He migt be busy replying to all the other 4000 emails that the other passengers send....:classic_rolleyes:

If you are a member of the Crown and Anchor Program, check with the representative once you are on board.  Take your grandson with you.  Some are willing to do extra to help a well-behaved, charming young person.

Edited by beachnative

Also, take a look at your school requirements.  Even if you do make any part of this educational, they will still generally make it unexcused absences because it does not meet the requirements to apply to every subject matter.  I have seen several letters from parents that were sent in to schools when they took trips to Philadelphia, Boston, etc and included US history visits as part of their trip.  While there is much history to be seen and learned from, these trips do not meet educational requirements to count the student as an excused absence.  We are taking our kids on a cruise during school because the price when school is out is a bit too much for us.  We will simply ask for school work ahead of time and complete it while we are gone.  We will take those unexcused absences without argument.