vendors at the port

carribbeanmic

Can you book  excursions when you arrive in Belize City?  I don't not like using the ships shore excursions and we are a large group of people who like different things.  I remember getting off at different ports like Cayman and Cozumel and finding independent vendors close by.

There’s nothing to see in Belize City.  This is one of the very few stops we have used a ship sponsored tour on to the ruins at Lamanai. Very good tour but a long day.  I highly recommend this tour but If that’s not your gig another option is to hire a guide to go to one of the snorkeling destinations.  I have only been to Goff’s Key with Exotic Eco Adventures. I had booked them back in 2015 to take me to Ambergris Key via plane ride but we were late getting anchored and the tender ride wasn’t very well organized so left late.  They had one of the booths inside the building and when I got there they told me the flight had already left.  They offered the Goff’s Key trip so I went on that one since there’s not a heckuva lot to do in the port.  It was a pretty good trip and the snorkeling was good.  I did a quick search and it looks like they’ve gone out of business (web site has been taken down) but I’m sure there are lots of other options.  

The shark/ray trips you are referring to mostly go to Caye Caulker. I wanted to go to Shark/Ray alley which is off Ambergris Key.  Never got to Ambergris Key and haven’t been to Caye Caulker (30 minute boat ride).  There’s plenty of info on here though about both.  I’m definitely gonna try the flight to Ambergris Key again. Have fun whatever you decide to do and stay out of Belize City.  

Edited by lifes-a-beach