RSSC Caribbean Cruise Attire

CruiserPK

I am introducing my daughter to cruising on the Radisson Mariner in March on a 7 night trip with two informal nights. (no formal thankfully). I think the attire may be a little different in the warm sunny Caribbean than on the two prior European cruises we experienced on this line. I was planning to pack Lilly Pulitzer capris and skirts for casual evenings and a couple black dresses for informal nights. Does this sound about right? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Cheers, Pam

I have cruised on Radission twice, once in the Med, one in the Caribbean. I found that passengers were a well dressed group and dressed nicely for dinner, and IMO the outfits you describe sound pretty casual.

Although I personally am not a LP fan, IMO those outfits are best suited to daytime wear. I would a silk skirt or dress with a pretty top or a pair of slacks in a nice fabric to dinner.

Thanks caviargal. I am currently living overseas and half my clothing is at our home in the US and some in the UK. I keep most if not nearly all my summer wardrobe in the US due to the weather. ;) Not much call for swimsuits and shorts, or for that matter light cottons! I had hoped that more casualwear was worn at night, easier to pack and since I am small (2 petite) had hoped to have carry-on luggage only. I will be checking on my home prior to the cruise so I can adjust my clothing accordingly. Your advice is appreciated.

Cheers, Pam

Caviargirl (sorry I can't respond with your real name),

I have checked out all the brochure photos etc, and wore quite fancy clothing on both our RSSC European/Med cruises. However, I thought this one would be different in the Caribbean. It may be a mistake taking my daughter who is 24.....she has never cruised and will never want to try a mass market line after RSSC. We love cruising on Radisson although we are brand new cruisers.....always though cruising was for old people who liked to sit and eat! Please forgive the comment, I am not trying to cause any bad feelings here.

Cheers, Pam

Actually, I enjoyed RSSC in the Med far more than my sailing with them in the islands. There is so little nightlife and I did not miss that in Europe because the days were port intensive and busy. But, they are not my choice in the Caribbean because we were bored overall.

So, maybe your daughter will not be too spoiled after all!

kim

Archived