Vista, aft cabins....noise/vibration??

snorkler8

I booked months ago so I could get a cove balcony (so excited!)  MY SIL is looking at cabins to join us (3 in the cabin) and will probably get an OV. The cruise is November 11th so she is trying to decide which cabin.  She saw some that are aft, deck 2....as in facing the back of the boat.  I have always booked mid ship so I'm not much help to her.  What are the draw backs of being aft and what are the chances of the upgrade fairy visiting her if she books a guaranty cabin? Thanks!

Back of the ship is a great place to be in my opinion.  The view is worth it.  Also, not many passengers in that area.  Be advised it can be a VERY long walk back to your cabin.  Also can be more vibration and movement if the seas are rough.  

13 hours ago, snorkler8 said:

So no vibration if you are higher up??

Not on any that I have been on, we love aft cabins/balconies, if you think about it, most dining rooms are at the back, while dining did you feel vibrations? I can remember on 1 boat, Valor out of Miami, when we were in dining room there was a little bit of shake/vibration the 1st couple nights but they must have fixed it because it went away, aft balconies are great with great views!

Edited by The7Harrisons
  • Like 1

Had a back cabin (1387) on the Conquest.  There is vibration but nothing unbearable and as others have said, you get a different view.  The vibration will be particularly noticeable in port when the ship is backing up.  It only lasts for a few seconds but the whole cabin shakes considerably.  Then it is gone and you are back to normal.  

It's a different experience if you have cruised several times mid ships.  Would do it again but usually end up mid ships on the Lido deck.  Wife has a walking problem and that location makes it easier to get around.