Seats on Plane

Bumbley3

Hey there! Lucky you! You can book your seats via Cruise Personaliser approximately 13 weeks before your cruise. It tends to be soon after the day that full payment has to be made. The seats are released at midnight so some people (us) book straightaway. There will be a charge for doing so (a contentious issue) but it matters to us to sit together, so we just pay it. Gives me peace of mind. Enjoy your cruise!

Thank you a little apprehensive as never cruised before. I see you can cancel auto gratuities do you know if this is easily done and while I’m on here is it worth booking p&o excursions do you know or do our own thing ? 

Easy to cancel auto gratuities. Get the form from reception on the ship and do it straight away. For trips, this is more tricky and depends where you want to go . Some are more value for money than others. For example the cost to go the beach in Grenada is ridiculous. In St Maarten, get the ferries from the cruise terminal to the town centre. They are frequent, reliable and do not cost the earth. Then you can wander around the town, or the beach as you please.

Well that only applies if you like Marella cruises, when you prefer P&O they charter the plane they call the shots. It is what it is and after paying a single supplement, £299 for premium, then £100 to fly from Birmingham and on top of that £30 each way to book a seat its a darn good job I do like P&O.

19 hours ago, Bumbley3 said:

This probably sounds really stupid but is it all easy to see when you get there? Never having done this before I’m getting very anxious about it all. Any tips gratefully received 😊

Seat bookings nearly always at midnight, 14 weeks exactly before you fly.  There are occasionally delays with the systems but as far as I know it is never before except for higher tier members who have done lots of cruises.   Whether it's necessary, good value or a rip off is entirely a matter of opinion and thankfully choice.   It's very easy to do, the seat booking "button" changes from grey to green (if you choose to be up at midnight then you will need to keep refreshing your page) but when it's green and you click on it a seat map will appear and you select your seats by clicking on the ones you want.  If they are available it might ask you whether you want the same seats coming back.  Once selected, you go through to the payment screen and it's done.        

2 hours ago, ccpm said:

Well that only applies if you like Marella cruises, when you prefer P&O they charter the plane they call the shots. It is what it is and after paying a single supplement, £299 for premium, then £100 to fly from Birmingham and on top of that £30 each way to book a seat its a darn good job I do like P&O.

I guess you are a P&O fan that’s good this is my first cruise and I’m hoping I like it 

On 10/22/2018 at 1:17 PM, Bumbley3 said:

I guess you are a P&O fan that’s good this is my first cruise and I’m hoping I like it 

Being your first cruise you’ll have nothing to compare it with so you will probably enjoy. Once you experience other cruise lines you will definitely have a very different impression. Enjoy your first cruise then choose RCL or Celebrity for your second, then compare.........?