Any experience from vegan cruisers?

tjunmin

I've cruise for many years with Celebrity and recently booked my first cruise on MSC.

My spouse is vegan and I would very much appreciate if any vegan cruisers who have been on MSC ships could share your experiences. Any tips/recommendations are also welcome.

Thanks in advance for your inputs!

Thom

A little bit of background. Over the years, we figured out that on Celebrity ships, only at Luminae restaurant - which caters suite guests - my spouse's vegan needs are addressed in a satisfactory manner, where the kitchen is able to provide balanced meals from a nutritional standpoint. At Blu - which caters to Aqua class guests - they will serve vegan meals, but there is no thought put into the food in terms of nutritional value of the meal. I have no insight on the main dining room, as we have not cruised for a long time in cabins that have meals over there.

For our first cruise on MSC, I booked YC on the Seaside, as I hope that the YC restaurant will be able to cater to my spouse's vegan needs.

I'm looking into booking a second MSC cruise, but on the Orchestra, which does not offer YC. But I'm unsure what kind of experience my spouse is going to have in the main dining room. I'd much appreciate insights from experienced MSC cruisers, before I commit and book this second cruise.

I understand that this sounds like a first world problem, where there is so much poverty and hunger around the world, but I do care about my spouse and would like to make sure that my spouse has a good travel experience. Thanks in advance for your understanding and your inputs.

Hello tjunmin.....I am not a vegan.  I am aware of a group that hosts vegan cruises on MSC.  I know their next cruise is March 3 - March 14, 2019.  Maybe someone on that group could answer some questions for you. 

http://www.atasteofhealth.org/events/ship.htm

8 hours ago, tjunmin said:

I've cruise for many years with Celebrity and recently booked my first cruise on MSC.

My spouse is vegan and I would very much appreciate if any vegan cruisers who have been on MSC ships could share your experiences. Any tips/recommendations are also welcome.

Thanks in advance for your inputs!

Thom

There is a vegan cruise every year on the Divina in Feb.

1 hour ago, riclop said:

There is a vegan cruise every year on the Divina in Feb.

Thanks, @riclop. I'm actually interested in a specific itinerary on the Orchestra in April due to the fantastic ports in that particular itinerary. But thanks for the info anyways.

Edited by tjunmin