Sea View Cafe on Radiance

No charge for food and no reservations required. It is reasonably large with seating inside and out. One of the best things about Seaview Cafe is the fact that a lot of people don't find out about it, or find it for that matter, until later on in the cruise. :) Check it out and enjoy.

I agree with the above posters.... was on the Radiance last week and loved the Sea View Cafe! I also think the burgers were better than Johnny Rockets and there is no charge for food (all you want) but you do pay for soda and shakes. I even saw some of the (uniformed) crew eating there too. I bet it's because it's always fairly empty there being on deck 11 way aft/starboard behind the basketball court and and rock climbing wall... not many found it there and often confused it with the rear of the windjammer buffet.

We liked the menu on SeaView on Serenade OTS and Jewel OTS (12/2003 & 1/2005). Unfortunately, Brilliance 23 Dec 05 Panama sailing, the menu was totally different: Pasta & Pizza only. Our party of 18 was disappointed.

My guess was that maybe RCCL is making menu less appealing so that it can later revert to "better" menu and start charging. Sorry to be so cynical, but I usually have a good feel for these things.

What was types of food items were served at Seaview on Seranade, Jewel and other sister ships recentlY?

Jane

SSSHHHHH!!!!! The Seaview is supposed to be our little secret! We don't want everyone on the ship to know about it. And heaven forbid if they change the menu to pizza and pasta only! Where would I go for my grilled cheese sandwich fix? Even though it's not on their printed menu, they will fix one for you. Onion rings...mmmmm.

..I'm afraid that they have already changed the menu to just pasta and pizza (and a few panini choices).

I was disappointed by a bunch of little things on our 23Dec Brilliance cruise (no Christmas gifts for anybody other than "Santa-aged" kids, no unlimited internet package available for purchase, no "snacky" items available at Seaview -- not even fries/onion rings/burgers/sandwich..., waiters no longer had any authority to bring anything other than that night's menu item --had to approach "head waiter" who would sometimes grudgingly "allow" one shrimp cocktail to child who had missed diiner night it was served-- even though we saw others eating it on same night as requested)..Still worth cruising RCCL over holidays, but disappointing compared to past 2 years holiday cruises on sister ships....one bright spot was concierge, Katherine :)

We have one more RCCL cruise booked (Jewel OTS 1 July 06 Scandanavia/Russia with a group. After that, we are trying NCL Pride of America Hawaii cruise for Christmas 06.

(Not trying to be overly picky, just relaying the info for you to make your own informed choice).

Jane

When and which menu did it offer? I'm hoping JOTS still has the "snacky" menu when we sail her in July.

Jane

Yours is the only report we have seen of the supposed change in Seaview Cafe's menu. If it is widespread or more than a singular happening, I am sure we will read many more reports and complaints. Until that happens, I think the odds are good that you will get your wish on the JOTS. Incidentally, check out the crepes in the Jewel's Solarium. They are fantastic.:)

Yours is the only report we have seen of the supposed change in Seaview Cafe's menu. If it is widespread or more than a singular happening, I am sure we will read many more reports and complaints. Until that happens, I think the odds are good that you will get your wish on the JOTS. Incidentally, check out the crepes in the Jewel's Solarium. They are fantastic.:)

Thanks, negc! I can only hope you're assumptions are correct. Note that I did not post about the menu change on Brilliance for 2 weeks; just didn't want to complain about too many things.

BTW, the solarium menu on Brilliance also was less impressive. It was open very limited hours and had basically the same 3 or so sandwiches (turkey club, egg salad, & ??tofu???) plus fruitplate, bananas, apples and maybe a few other things. The 2 sandwiches that we tried were actually quite good, as was the fruit plate, but the menu never seemed to change and it was rarely open (especially on port days). I don't recall exactly what they used to offer at Solarium food station -- maybe breakfasty stuff in AM and interesting pizzas from late afternoon??? Not sure... but definitely "different" on this Brilliance sailing and (IMHO )a step down.

Jane

I was on the Radiance last week and did not see a menu change. The clam chowder in the bread is great. The Reuben was a little lame. The sandwich consisted of a thin slice of corned beef in between humungous pieces of bread and the rest of the fixings. Bread to meat ratio was lame. Burgers looked good though. Only went once because the Wind Jammer was so good.

I sure hope the menu has not changed. :confused: Anyone else confirm this?

Anyway, Don't forget you can ask for it "To Go" and take it back to your balcony too!!

BonVoyage

Dawna

OOH, thanks for the tip. I LOVE my balcony!

Archived