Hints/Tips? - Haven't Cruised in 6 Years - Now with Kids!

Ggrrl1

We didn't cruise when my kids were that young but we did (and still do) travel with them frequently. My now 15 year old had been to 9 countries before her second birthday. Those pre and post deployment vacations are a great way to spend family time, bond and create memories to get through the next several months.

Have a great cruise!

We are boarding the Oasis in 3.5 weeks with 1.5 year old twins :classic_biggrin:  So we'll let you know how it goes lol.

We're experienced cruisers and have taken our now 4 year old before when she was 2...but with three kids and two being twins, it's going to be a whole new ballgame

1 hour ago, Ggrrl1 said:

Thanks all. We are looking forward to it. We are pretty mindful parents and do our best to ensure that our little ones aren't disruptive to staff or our fellow guests. In fact, I can tell you where they keep the broom and dustpan in all of our breakfast places because we clean up after our kids (and leave an extra tip for the extra time we take up the table.) I'm surprised that RCCL being a family cruise line that there are so many folks who seem to have an issue with others bringing children on a cruise, but I guess they might have had some bad experiences. I was reading a thread by a woman with a 15 month old and it was somehow derailed into a tirade against swim diapers. I think that we'll have a good time. And if you want to avoid us, don't sail on Anthem to Bermuda in September 2019!

I think you will have a great time. You obviously have the right attitude!  

The thread about swim diapers got derailed primarily because the poster was not willing to listen to comments about swim diapers not being allowed in cruise ship pools. Some rules are made for everyone’s benefit and health. Unfortunately some passengers don’t think rules apply to them or their children. 

Enjoy and make memories. 

Edited by Grandma Dazzles