Another Gift Card Question

LuckyStar

Good morning, everyone!  A kind of silly question for those of you who use gift cards.  I am planning to buy gifts cards at a discount from AARP for my cruise.  After paying for my cruise, I should have about $100 left over on my gift card after paying for my cruise.  How do I get that balance put onto my S&S account?  

Thanks!  J

You can use it to pay off your sign and sail account at anytime once you have boarded. If you have faster to the fun, you can use the priority line at guest services desk. If not, you might not want to wait until the last day of your cruise to do it. The lines get VERY long on the last day.

BTW - I think you will have a GREAT time on the Vista. We sailed on her last December and she is our favorite ship so far. BEAUTIFUL FUN SHIP!

Edited by FijiFlip

I prepay get internet and cheers with gift cards online. On the ship itself I'll wait until a time when there's no line at guest services and have them apply the card to my account. You are supposed to be able to use the kiosks but I haven't had luck with that. If you have a balance on your card a the end of the cruise they'll mail you a new gift card. I want to say if the balance is under $5 they donate it to charity.

Edited by Saint Greg

We had them put the gift card on our account at check in.  Have not cruise with them in a couple of years so may have changed.  Going on a cruise with them this week so will find out for sure we are going on the Paradise 

5 hours ago, FijiFlip said:

You can use it to pay off your sign and sail account at anytime once you have boarded. If you have faster to the fun, you can use the priority line at guest services desk. If not, you might not want to wait until the last day of your cruise to do it. The lines get VERY long on the last day.

BTW - I think you will have a GREAT time on the Vista. We sailed on her last December and she is our favorite ship so far. BEAUTIFUL FUN SHIP!

This is good to hear.  We decided to wanted to try a newer ship and most of group is closest to Galveston, so it's a win win.  I have heard mixed reviews about VISTA but I'm of the mindset that there is truly no bad cruise.  :classic_biggrin:

Thanks for asking this. I was wondering the same thing. When I did the online check in for our January cruise, I used a credit card to be used for the Sign and Sail. But, I bought $500 worth of gift cards so I want to use this before the credit card. I guess I'll try the kiosk or else go to Guest Services to apply the cards once onboard.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Wanted to give an update. I ordered a gift card on 12/9, I had it in my hand on paid on my cruise by 12/15.  It was very easy.  One thing was problematic and I will watch it in the future, since I intend to order more cards.  I got a notice on 12/13 that UPS was unable to deliver it.  Expected, since they need a signature. I downloaded the app and changed the delivery location to my local UPS store.  Expected it to be delivered there.  They instead, delivered it to my house.  Fortunately, DH was home that day and able to sign for it.  So be forewarned, UPS doesn't always pay attention to updates made on the app.  It worked out though, because they will re-deliver if they miss you.