Mariner #1864

Has anyone stayed in Cabin 1864 on the Mariner after the refurb?  Is it a handicap accessible cabin?  On the deckplan, it does not have the handicap symbol like #1814 does.  #1864 looks so much larger than the other cabins but priced the same as the other spacious panoramic OVs.  If you've stayed in this cabin and have pictures, would love to see them.  Thanks!

I have done 1864 on Independence and it is amazing and not accessible.  There was a question about this on online checkin as though it was accessible but it wasn’t a problem.

i will try to post pictures - success although they are mostly of the windows.  The cabin is big as well but the windows are the star.

87A1296A-F4B3-4C7D-A6D7-F0F4CEB127AB.jpeg

928A3065-BFA8-4BF8-9315-159CB424A142.jpeg

Edited by Nettee
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Nettee said:

I have done 1864 on Independence and it is amazing and not accessible.  There was a question about this on online checkin as though it was accessible but it wasn’t a problem.

i will try to post pictures - success although they are mostly of the windows.  The cabin is big as well but the windows are the star.

Being at the front of the ship, how was the motion/noise?

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, drewdrewcruiser said:

My cruise isn't until April 2020.  😭. Please post pictures and your thoughts on 1864 after your cruise! 

Will do! Hoping it is the same as I am seeing on the others! 🤞

• 2 months later...
On 2/9/2019 at 11:35 AM, xochals said:

Just wanted to let you know.. there is a group on Facebook for the Mariner and someone who sailed earlier this yearposted this picture for room 1864!

FB_IMG_1549728863496.jpg

WOWZA!!! I'm about to book Mariner for 2020 and was eyeing this cabin. I better book it before it's gone! It's only $146 more than a 7D Balcony cabin. I'll gladly give up the balcony on a 4 night cruise for that room

19 minutes ago, Carolina Girl 99 said:

WOWZA!!! I'm about to book Mariner for 2020 and was eyeing this cabin. I better book it before it's gone! It's only $146 more than a 7D Balcony cabin. I'll gladly give up the balcony on a 4 night cruise for that room

We have the same cabin booked for March 2020 on sister ship, the Adventure, for an 8 day cruise.  We have stayed in a very similar cabin, what they now call a Family "suite" that has a 2nd partial bathroom and a small bedroom with a bunk bed in it on the Freedom.  It is an awesome cabin.  Book 1864 and I am sure you will be overjoyed with it.

Here is a photo I took of the one we had on the Freedom taken with a GoPro so you get an even better idea of the size of the cabin.

GOPR1043_DxO_DxO.jpg

Edited by Russ Lomas
added image
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 6 months later...

We will be in 1864 on Mariner in 30 days.  Anyone been in that room with kids?  How big of a bed does the couch become, just a twin or pull out to full?

I'll do my best to remember to come back here with pictures and answers to my questions.  Anybody have anything else they would like to to look into about this room while I'm there?

We have this room on NAV for the 20 April sailing!  Can’t wait!   If anyone gets pictures of the closet - can you please post them?  Trying to figure out what type of organizers we need!

There will be 4 of us ... 2 adults, a giant 13 year old boy (taller than both of us) and a 9 year old girl that will want to change her outfit 3 times a day..

• 5 months later...

update: absolutely loved this room.  I would even venture to say it is better than a balcony.  All the extra floor space is really nice to have especially since we had a 7 and 2 year old with us.  Without asking the room steward made up the bed for my girls in the perfect way for them to fit with room so we didn't have to worry about them being cramped or the little one rolling out.. There is nothing like waking up to the expansive view these windows give you.  We simply closed the blinds on the living room side where the girls were sleeping and kept it open on our side.  We also enjoyed the location of it.  Short hallway walk and you were on the open upper deck and could walk the whole length of the ship with ease. Also being up that high on the ship really added to the view.  You could lean against the glass and look straight down, took some trust in the windows to do so. Noise was not a problem at all, movement was also very standard didn't feel like more or less.  I hate to talk it up so much I don't want it to be another hidden gem that gets booked out quickly and becomes hard to get.

I will attempt to post pictures, let me know if you have any questions.

20191203_064219.jpg

20191202_134206.jpg

20191202_204619.jpg

20191205_061539.jpg

20191202_134153.jpg

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, generalchadwick said:

update: absolutely loved this room.  I would even venture to say it is better than a balcony.  All the extra floor space is really nice to have especially since we had a 7 and 2 year old with us.  Without asking the room steward made up the bed for my girls in the perfect way for them to fit with room so we didn't have to worry about them being cramped or the little one rolling out.. There is nothing like waking up to the expansive view these windows give you.  We simply closed the blinds on the living room side where the girls were sleeping and kept it open on our side.  We also enjoyed the location of it.  Short hallway walk and you were on the open upper deck and could walk the whole length of the ship with ease. Also being up that high on the ship really added to the view.  You could lean against the glass and look straight down, took some trust in the windows to do so. Noise was not a problem at all, movement was also very standard didn't feel like more or less.  I hate to talk it up so much I don't want it to be another hidden gem that gets booked out quickly and becomes hard to get.

I will attempt to post pictures, let me know if you have any questions.

20191203_064219.jpg

20191202_134206.jpg

20191202_204619.jpg

20191205_061539.jpg

20191202_134153.jpg

Thank you for sharing.  I was supposed to be in this cabin this past week but I guess that wasn't meant to be.  I booked the room in Oct 2018 and even got the $18 drink package 😭.  But.. after seeing your post, I am determined when this is all over to try to get this cabin again.  

This past January I booked Mariner #1804 (sister cabin Panoramic suite) for sailing Feb 2021 with our 3 toddlers for their first cruise. Couldn't pass up the absolute steal of $2500 total for 5 people in a suite with the suite perks!

1 hour ago, drewdrewcruiser said:

Thank you for sharing.  I was supposed to be in this cabin this past week but I guess that wasn't meant to be.  I booked the room in Oct 2018 and even got the $18 drink package 😭.  But.. after seeing your post, I am determined when this is all over to try to get this cabin again.  

Definitely do its a great room.  We want to book it again on her sister ship Navigator 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Super excited to book this room for October 2021 🤞 Was originally in the market for one of the balconies on the back of the boat for us and our two young girls, but then I saw this gem available with those incredible windows and so much floor space! With the photos posted in this thread, I pulled the trigger QUICK last night to use up our FCC from the cruise we were supposed to be on this week!

Third cruise with RCC for us, but first for our little girls! Can't wait. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Tjterrill said:

Super excited to book this room for October 2021 🤞 Was originally in the market for one of the balconies on the back of the boat for us and our two young girls, but then I saw this gem available with those incredible windows and so much floor space! With the photos posted in this thread, I pulled the trigger QUICK last night to use up our FCC from the cruise we were supposed to be on this week!

Third cruise with RCC for us, but first for our little girls! Can't wait. 

Kool, was Single Father Raising and Cruising with 3 young Kids 20yrs ago. They were 8, 4, 2 when we started our 1-2 Cruises a year. We'd have OV on Deck 3 or 4 and always had Blast, sure you'll all enjoy this Cabin!

Seeing these pictures makes me feel bad.  I had 1854 booked on Freedom sailing out of Puerto Rico for this March.  The cruise was, of course, cancelled.  I couldn't rebook it for next March because Freedom is being replaced by Explorer.  I couldn't book it on Explorer because there are only 2 rooms like that & they were both booked.  I ended up booking Freedom for March 2022 in the same cabin, but I couldn't do a lift & shift because the itinerary is different.  So I ended up paying over $1500 more for a cruise out of Galveston.  I got the cabin, but with a lesser itinerary &  higher price!

• Like 1

On 3/14/2021 at 7:12 PM, kathimac123 said:

So excited!  Just booked this room for Sept. 2021.  We were looking at an aft balcony, but this one has soooo much more room and THOSE WINDOWS!!!  So glad to have something to look forward to once again.

You'll be in the room just before me! Yeah, we're pretty excited about it, too. The kids are going to LOSE it when they see those windows. 

• Like 1