Seaside doors, drinks, kids

CruisingBeans

First time on MSC and I am still trying to figure things out.  Sailing with extended family with young kids and on other lines we decorate the cabin doors so the kids can find the other rooms. Is this permissible on MSC? I know other lines have rules regarding this and couldn't find anything about this. 

Second question is regarding the drink package upgrade.  My cabin was rebooked so we got the Drinks on US. I understand how much it is to upgrade that and that it is better to do prior. My brother's cabin still has the Fantastica 12 (or however many) vouchers. How much does it cost them to upgrade to the Deluxe package? I know I saw it here on the boards but can not find it now. And is there an advantage to them doing it prior to boarding as well?  Also do they have a standard kids menu in the dining room (Fantastica), my youngest is not an adventurous eater and though she will eat pasta and pizza wondering if there is other standard kids menus stuff (chicken nuggests, grilled cheese, PB and J). The family always eats in dining room together on cruise, so the buffet isn't option. Thanks for all the info in advance. 

I've seen plenty of door decorations on MSC.  There is no upgrade from the Fantastica drink vouchers, you would have to purchase a drink package at full price.  Purchase or upgrade before getting on the ship as once aboard you will pay a 15% gratuity on the package/upgrade.  I don't have young children so have not looked at it personally, but I'm pretty sure I saw a kid's menu for the MDR posted here at some point.

I just wanted to add that MSC used to offer a reasonably priced 18 drink voucher pack that could be used as a supplement to the Fantastica 12 voucher pack.  I have not seen that offered online in quite a while, but have seen a recent post where someone claims they were able to call MSC and get that added to their current booking, which was booked earlier under the vouchers rather than the Drinks On Us package.  Possibly worth a try if you can't cancel and re-book easily.

Edited by Até

We sail end of December so I’m not sure rebooking is an option. Everyone in cabin has to get same drink package (except young kids) correct? Do they really separate a linked booking at dinner if they have different drink packages but all Fantastica? 

Yes, you are past final payment so cannot cancel/re-book without significant penalty.  Your cabin under DOU package requires all adults in the cabin to upgrade if one person does.  Fantastica drink vouchers can be used by anyone and if they get the option to buy more it was $89 for a 18 voucher booklet.  Now at dinner that may be less than clear, especially if your reservations are linked through MSC.  Officially MSC doesn't allow those at the same table to have different drink packages.  Reality may be quite different and I doubt they will figure it out.