Super Shuttle LAX to San Pedro

dutrie

I called Super Shuttle to reserve a van for four to transport us from LAX to the port, and of course, back again after our cruise on the Sapphire.

The rep I spoke to said I did not need a reservation and I could make round trip reservations at the airport. Is this correct?

Has anyone done this?

I don't want to be waiting around for a van to load or I would purchase Princess transfers.

David

If you just want to pay by the person, you will probably have to wait until they get 7 or 8 people. Although, I'm not exactly sure how long they wait for that to happen. You could ask for an exclusive use, which will cost you more for 4 people. It should cost you around $55 for 4 people on shared service, and $73 for exclusive. Plus tip, of course.

From what they told me on the phone, you don't need a reservation at LAX because they have plenty of vans on standby (we do have a reservation, since we are leaving from the hotel). You just go outside of baggage claim and look for the shared-ride vans signs, and talk to the staffer on duty. They tell me the same general process applies at San Pedro after the cruise.

I did the Supershuttle in Dec. There were 4 of us. Since we were getting in about 11AM, I decided to use the shared van to save money. We walked out of the terminal and got into the van. At the next stop he picked up 2 more passengers, which made 6 passengers. He rode around the terminal 2 more times to try to find 1 or 2 more passengers, which he didn't find, before heading to San Pedro.

On the way back I reserved a Town Car thru Suppershuttle since I wanted to be sure we got to the airport on time . We were earlier getting off the ship than we had told them to pick us up so I walked over to the dispatcher at the pier, he made a phone call and our car was there in about 5-10 minutes. I don,t remember what we paid but you can get that info at their web site.

The trunk on the Town Car wasn't very large but we got 4 suitcases in it and put 1 on the front seat between the driver and me. This worked out OK.

tonyt

Did you happen to notice how they charged the other people in the van? I see on their website it says "First guest pays $28, each additional pays $9" for shared service. When they went to the next stop and picked up those 2 people, did they only charge them 9 bucks each, or 28 and 9?

Incidentally, for the Town Car, it would be $71 for up to 4 people.

I called Super Shuttle to reserve a van for four to transport us from LAX to the port, and of course, back again after our cruise on the Sapphire. The rep I spoke to said I did not need a reservation and I could make round trip reservations at the airport. Is this correct?

Has anyone done this? I don't want to be waiting around for a van to load or I would purchase Princess transfers.

We made reservations for our cruise in December. After picking up our luggage we went outside and found the SuperShuttle rep. We waited about 10 to 12 minutes for a van headed for Long Beach. After boarding we lost another 10 to 15 minutes while we circled around to pick up two other couples. We were last off, in Long Beach. All in all it took about an hour to get from LAX to Long Beach.

We were off the ship about an hour earlier than our return SuperShuttle reservation. It didn't matter, there was a van waiting and we boarded it along with two other couples. Thirty minutes later we were at LAX.

From what I've heard about Princess transfers I think you'd be better off with SupperShuttle.

Thanks for all the responses. I guess I will take Supershuttle at their word and make my reservation at the airport. I had planned to reserve a van each way for the four of us, just so we wouldn't have to wait.

Our flight gets in at 12:20 PM, so we should have enough time to get to the port.

Our return flight is at 1:00 PM

David

Did you happen to notice how they charged the other people in the van? I see on their website it says "First guest pays $28, each additional pays $9" for shared service. When they went to the next stop and picked up those 2 people, did they only charge them 9 bucks each, or 28 and 9?

Incidentally, for the Town Car, it would be $71 for up to 4 people.

What I have found is that when they say first and then others they mean within the same party. If there are 4 of you and then they pick up 2 single people going to the same place each of the singles would pay $28.

Kim

The last time that we rode on these shuttles we did not pay ahead there were several others waiting also that had not prebooked so all of us together got a good price. Then there was another couple that booked ahead and the price that they paid was much more than what we paid and they were listening to the driver quoting our prices. I felt bad for them but learned NOT to book ahead with these guys wait until you get there to negotiate a better price.

We will be arriving at 9:30 on a Saturday morning, We had hoped to rent a car from Enterprise and make a stop or two on our way to the pier in San Pedro. Now we found out that Enterprise closes at noon on Saturdays. Do we have an option for renting a car with another company that is close to the port and will take us back to the ship after dropping off the car?

I appreciate any suggestions.

Fran

Colo:

thanks a lot for the info....now i can rest easier...i guess if we miss it, we'll just have to go standby.

Francine:

we have also rented an enterprise car...the LAX location told me that u can return the car to a hotel in Long Beach (i'm sorry i can't recall the name) and that they will provide shuttle service to the pier, if u cannot get it back to san pedro by noon.

nancy

Colo:

there is no drop charge for enterprise...i confirmed this with both locations; LAX and San Pedro...they also shuttle you to the pier from their location at no cost..this also confirmed twice.

nancy

Colo:

there is no drop charge for enterprise...i confirmed this with both locations; LAX and San Pedro...they also shuttle you to the pier from their location at no cost..this also confirmed twice.

nancy

That is strange because I was going to use Enterprise in March and I called them about 2 weeks ago and they told me they still had the drop fee so I changed to Hertz. It still beats paying $$$ for the super shuttle or a limo.

Edited to add. Nancy I just called them (Enterprise) again because I was going to change back to Enterprise form Hertz and they confirmed that they still have the drop fee, so you might want to call them back. That was for a rental from LAX to San Pedro Harbor location. :)

CoLo:

i just called the LAX enterprise office for the THIRD time, and again, am assured that there is NOT a drop charge to take it to San Pedro. i'm not sure if ur calling an 800 # and getting that information, or LAX directly, but someone has misguided you!! hopefully, u will be able to straighten this out if u choose to use enterprise vs. hertz. fyi...if u have AAA or an entertainment book, u can get 10% off or free upgrades....

nancy

CoLo:

i just called the LAX enterprise office for the THIRD time, and again, am assured that there is NOT a drop charge to take it to San Pedro. i'm not sure if ur calling an 800 # and getting that information, or LAX directly, but someone has misguided you!! hopefully, u will be able to straighten this out if u choose to use enterprise vs. hertz. fyi...if u have AAA or an entertainment book, u can get 10% off or free upgrades....

nancy

I have heard this before and when the renter turns in the car the charge is levied. I called the 800 number. Yeah I am keeping my Hertz res for a mini van for $43. Hertz will also pay $15 toward the cab fare to San Pedro from Long Beach. Good Luck. Let us know if it works.

My first call this afternoon was to Enterprise in San Pedro. If I return the car after they close at noon on Saturday, I can bring it to the Harbor Hotel. They will shuttle us to the ship. My second call was to Enterprise at LAX. They told me that if I am going on a cruise, there is not drop-off fee. I just have to show them my cruise documents.

So, I guess we will go with Enterprise.

Thanks all for your help.

Fran

My first call this afternoon was to Enterprise in San Pedro. If I return the car after they close at noon on Saturday, I can bring it to the Harbor Hotel. They will shuttle us to the ship. My second call was to Enterprise at LAX. They told me that if I am going on a cruise, there is not drop-off fee. I just have to show them my cruise documents.

So, I guess we will go with Enterprise.

Thanks all for your help.

Fran

I just called Enterprise again at LAX and they insist there is a drop fee and they know nothing about any cruise documents and then I called San Pedro and they state that the LAX office does charge a drop off fee and there is no exception to being on a cruise. So to all that rented through Enterprise Good Luck and let us know. I say if someone told you this get a name. :)

Archived