Santorini excursion not available on line?

stjlo

About a month ago, I saw a shore excursion I thought was perfect for us - "Oia on Your Own". I added it to my cart but didn't pay for it. Now, I can't book it. It says to check once on the ship. Does this mean it's sold out? I should've paid for it right away, but hindsight is 20/20. What are the chances it will be available when we cruise in June?

Thank you.

Yes - if someone cancels or they add more space.

Your other option is to do Oia on your own.  There are two companies near where the tenders drop you off that, for 15 Euros each, will transport you to Oia via boat and a short shuttle bus ride; you can then explore on your own and when ready catch another bus (included in your fare) to Fira where you can explore/shop until you are ready to ride the cable car (6 Euros), walk the steps (20-30 min), or ride one of the donkeys to get back down to the where the tenders pick you up.

Not wanting to take a chance on missing this beautiful place, our group of 12 chose to do a private tour for 5-1/2 hours.  We did a lot of research before booking and found that getting to/from Oia could be a real challenge!  Also have a friend that was there recently and had problems with the boat running on a reliable schedule.  Check out Christos at:  info@greektravelling.com.  He was very helpful and responsive to my multiple e-mails!  I booked it back in August for next June 3. 

1 hour ago, stjlo said:

I didn't realize they did that. So, if I go right away, do you think there will be a chance of booking that excursion?

Yes, there's a chance, unless they completely cancelled the excursion, which you won't really know until you get onboard.

• 1 month later...