Carnival Magic Deck 6 forward - Noise?

rukkian

This will be our first time on one of this class of ships.  It looks like our rooms are directly over the theater.  I have a couple of questions - how loud will it probably be, and how late are shows in the theater?

On 11/1/2018 at 4:35 PM, rukkian said:

This will be our first time on one of this class of ships.  It looks like our rooms are directly over the theater.  I have a couple of questions - how loud will it probably be, and how late are shows in the theater?

On several magic cruises last spring, we wanted to try out a couple new locations. One week we had a inside cabin on a walkway with a window on deck 6, and it was noisy, not from the shows, but from something, (we thought the anchor), hitting against the ship in rocking seas. After we complained, the noise disappeared, but the seas still rocked, so no idea what it was.

Another week we had a deck 6 balcony on the magic, slightly forward of the forward elevators, and yes, we heard the showroom practice every day at 5-5:45 pm, and again during each show. We could actually hear the words, and by the end were singing along in our cabin.😉 We could hear the atrium if they forgot to shut those heavey doors.

1 minute ago, AmBear said:

On several magic cruises last spring, we wanted to try out a couple new locations. One week we had a inside cabin on a walkway with a window on deck 6, and it was noisy, not from the shows, but from something, (we thought the anchor), hitting against the ship in rocking seas. After we complained, the noise disappeared, but the seas still rocked, so no idea what it was.

Another week we had a deck 6 balcony on the magic, slightly forward of the forward elevators, and yes, we heard the showroom practice every day at 5-5:45 pm, and again during each show. We could actually hear the words, and by the end were singing along in our cabin.😉 We could hear the atrium if they forgot to shut those heavey doors.

Thanks for the info.  Do you happen to know how late the shows go in the theater?  Not worried about during the day that much, just worried about overnight.

I think the last show normally starts around 9:30 or 10:00?!?  We had a balcony room on deck 6 of the Breeze right above the Red Frog Pub.  I will NEVER book deck 6 again!  It was so stinking loud, thankfully we were so tired every night we were able to sleep.  I would go up a deck to 7 if I were you!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, dani85bri06 said:

I think the last show normally starts around 9:30 or 10:00?!?  We had a balcony room on deck 6 of the Breeze right above the Red Frog Pub.  I will NEVER book deck 6 again!  It was so stinking loud, thankfully we were so tired every night we were able to sleep.  I would go up a deck to 7 if I were you!

Thank you for the response, I may just do that.  My 1 son is a very light sleeper.

• Like 1