2nd day on Kauai- What to do?

trtllovr

Hi ya'll

We will be on the POAloha and will have 1.5 days on Kauai. We are going to rent a car for the first day and drive around. The second day is only a half day so i'm not sure if we should keep the car rental or not. We'd like to do the self guided kayaking sometime during our kauai visit. Would you suggest that activity for the second day since we wouldn't spend the whole day doing it? BUT, if we do rent the kayaks and have no car how do you suppose we get to the rental office? Trying to keep costs down and seeing as much as possible is hard. I don't really want to pay the money for the ships excursions but that would probably be our best bet for that day. Maybe even a diving excursion for that time wouldn't be bad if its possible. Any ideas? Thanks!

As far as I remember you cannot drive "around" in Kauai.

On the north shore there is no connecting road.

So if you drive east to to e.g. Waimea Canyon the 1st day, on the 2nd day you could drive around the western shore to the north.

To do both is too much in one day I think.

Maybe you can do the kayaktour in combination with one of these tours.

Yes, it might be better to drive up one way the first day (we went north up to Hanalei) and then the other way the next day. There really is a lot to see and take pictures of and you can do the kayaks on the river that has the Fern Grotto (can't remember the name) but it's not far from the ship as you are going north.

There is a lot right near the ship that you can park the car for $10 (you can't help but see it as you go to the car rental place). You'll have to walk to the car but it's only a couple of blocks.

Have a wonderful time!

Emi

Dan: I'm sure there were people kayaking on the river on the way to the grotto and I thought there were people who went all the way there on their own. I don't know how they could really stop you unless someone is there to turn people away, which I don't remember.

Not sure though...hmmmm

Emi

we were on the aloha in nov. and the 2nd day was a great time to just walk off and go sit on the beach. There is a hotel right off the pier where you can sit on the beach, and they had a Duke's restaurant and bar there on the beach also, nice place to grab a bite to eat. There are also some stores right there you can easily walk to from the pier.

Archived