Another Beverage Package Question

Petunia1950

I've tried to find the answer to this on my own -- but have struck out.  And I may be worrying about nothing 😉 but would like to know for certain.

The Signature Beverage Package covers alcoholic (and other) beverages up to $9 a drink.  But when you add the 15% tax on to, say, an $8.50 drink (i.e., Grey Goose), the total comes up to $10.84.  

Is the $9 limit applicable ONLY to the actual drink price?  Or would we need to buy the Elite Beverage Package to be covered for the price of the drink, plus the tax?

Thanks in advance for guidance.

31 minutes ago, Petunia1950 said:

Is the $9 limit applicable ONLY to the actual drink price?

It's the price on the menu. So if a drink says $8.95 or $9.00, you're fine.  I think you meant 15% service charge, but in any case you'll only need to pay attention to the price on the drink menu.

You are correct (of course!).  I did mean service charge.  Thanks for the response.  I thought the $9 applied only to the drink, but it would have been a shock to find out otherwise when on board, since we're on a 15 night cruise and finding out after we sailed that we had to upgrade would have been  a lot more dollars.

Thanks again.