21 years since cruised on RCCL

cindygad

It had been 21 years since we had been on RCCL. We have primarily traveled on Celebrity since. This was our 26th cruise.  It started off to a rocky start boarding due to a virus on the previous cruise. Understandably we want them to do their job and make sure safe for passengers. The main problem was communication. From when you checked in all we were told is that the rooms were not ready.  People were sitting in halls and stairways. They could do a better job maybe telling you where to go and wait more comfortably.  The could walk around and offer water. Would this taint my opinion of the cruise? No, we were very happy for the most part

We found the food exceptional in the dining room and other seasoned passengers we commenting on how good it was. The two sea days we ate in the dining room for lunch was superb. One day we had lobster and shrimp and the other my husband said the salmon was some of the best he has ever had. We felt the meat and fish dishes were outstanding. Hats of to chief.

To top this off we had two of our favorite waiters and assistant waiter. We had any time dining and found them the first night. We requested a table in their area every night after. We started cruising in 79 and they reminded me of some of the best services we back when service was everything.

Another positive was our room Attendant; She remembered your name and was top Notch. 

We are diamond level and loved the lounge. It was nice to have longer open time to free drinks 5-830. I liked we could also get a glass of wine in the dining room before 830.

We felt the layout of the ship and decor and upkeep was great on Jewel.

We did not find the crew to generally be as happy and friendly as on Celebrity. We however as very lucky to get outstanding servers and stuck with them.

We are dancers and found the bands and music venues good. They sure used the forum to the extreme. They could have used the lounge with bigger dance floor up in Safari more instead of cramming everyone in the forum. They did, however, use this area other times and would get maximum crowd involvement with activities.

Sad to say on our last day they had a big glitch in Naples. We were supposed to be off at 0700 and ship was not even in port yet. Again communication was very poor. There were lines of people waiting to get off. The line wrapped around the hallway. All could have been avoided with communication in what was going on with delay. Staff was frazzled and had no idea what was going on. Unfortunately first and the last impression was very poor of how Staff handled common occurrences.

My glass is always half full and I would cruise again with RCCL

Here is my travel blog of the trip.

Warning very picture intensive

https://cindygad.travellerspoint.com/80/

Edited by cindygad