Pride of America with kids, Advice?

volvo geek

Hello,

Next summer we will be celebrating our 10 year wedding anniversary.  We got married in Maui, and now we have 2 kids, (5 and 6 years old).  We want to go back this time with the kids and perhaps renew our vows.  We are experienced Hawaii travelers, 5 trips but never with kids.  Right now I am thinking of staying 1 week in the circle hotel in Waikiki, a then a week of cruising.  Thoughts on Waikiki with kids?  Have not been in 3 years, and it was a bit seedy at times.  I like that the hotel does not have a pool, and we have the protected "walls" beach across the street.  Plus it's cheap!

I have booked my recent cruises through cc.cruises.united.com and got huge mileage bonuses!  Now Hawaiian Airlines fly's direct from Boston I was going to get their credit card, but their cruise site is only offering 3,000 mile bonus for a 7 day cruise.  I could get 35,000 miles through united, but wanted to get rid of the card.  Looking for booking advice?  Every place has the same price, but many offer different Perks.  Have always booked a balcony, but there are very few the can hold 4 people on POA, and spots are running out.

I was going to book a direct flight on Hawaiian Boston to HNL.  Then use my United miles to fly home red eye HNL to Newark, to Boston for "free".

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Aloha.