No shore excursions???

sydsmom2034

So I'm booked on the Reflection Transatlantic next April, Fort Lauderdale to Ireland.  There are NO shore excursions for Waterford and only 2 for Cork (and neither one goes to Blarney Woolen Mills)   This has been what has been available for six months. Do you think they will add any closer to time or should I look into booking private tours?  I called the Captains club and they were as puzzled as I was about no shore excursions.

I think one of two things could be happening here:

1. Celebrity truly hasn't secured any contracts with shore operators yet and there truly aren't any shore excursions yet (although this is doubtful because Celebrity makes a lot of $$ off selling excursions)

2. The excursions they have a limited since they don't visit the port often, and what they have is sold out. I have been on a few "exotic" cruises where I had a list of excursions that would be offered (obtained onboard the previous cruise from the Destination Concierge), and compared it to what was online. Many (and in one case all) of the shore excursions didn't appear online because they were sold out; but after waiting a couple of months before sailing, the excursions were available online again. I think Celebrity just needed to negotiate more busses, but I don't think they really do that until closer to sailing when things are a little more "defined".

37 minutes ago, sydsmom2034 said:

So I'm booked on the Reflection Transatlantic next April, Fort Lauderdale to Ireland.  There are NO shore excursions for Waterford and only 2 for Cork (and neither one goes to Blarney Woolen Mills)   This has been what has been available for six months. Do you think they will add any closer to time or should I look into booking private tours?  I called the Captains club and they were as puzzled as I was about no shore excursions.

For Waterford I find 10 single excursions: https://www.celebritycruises.com/pcp-excursions/waterford-dunmore-east-ireland-tours?destination=EUROP&port=WDE

and for Cork 26 single excursions : https://www.celebritycruises.com/pcp-excursions/cork-cobh-ireland-tours?destination=EUROP&port=ORK

maybe they are not yet available to buy.

I have been watching since I booked the cruise and first there was nothing. Then they added a LOT for the overnight in the Azores, and finally added the two for Cork. I looked at their shore excursion brochure and they had 8-10 for both Waterford and Cork. Do you think closer to time they will add something? I would much prefer booking with Celebrity so I can't get left behind:)

I think Near or After final payment date they will add more to your cruise planner.

Same thing is happening for our Hawaii cruises in Sept/Oct 2019, and some excursions have the wrong schedule time, for example Luau dinner at 8:30AM 🤬