Theme Nights

teechadeb

Are the theme nights always the same on the ships? I will be sailing on the Sun in February, and I would like to pack some clothing for the theme nights? Is there a list somewhere that states what the themes are? I usually end up buying something in the ports, but if I have an outfit at home I'd rather save the money. Thanks

Not for partying.

The main restaurants will have different menus every night and many consider them themes. Here's the name of the Menus:

Bon Voyage Dinner, Captain's Gala Dinner, Italian Dinner, Caribbean Dinner, Freestyle Dinner, Farewell Dinner, and Chef's Dinner. The Presidents' Dinner was missing on my last recent cruise on the Sun. :(

There's usually a party on the pool deck late at night given names too. Here's the names for the pool deck parties:

Bon Voyage Bash, New Year's Party, 50s and 50s Sock Hop, Caribbean Deck Party, 70s Disco Party, British Oldies, and on the last night the organized late night party moves inside for the Twisted Karaoke Party.

These are much easier to pick clothes for; a pair of swimming trunks. :D

Whereas all the activities and dinners are given names, few dress up for most of them. They do make "lobster night" - the Captain's Gala Dinner - on the same night as the New Year's Party putting the two formal dress dinner and party together. Although you don't have to wear formal dress to either. :)

Archived