May 2019 8am-8pm stop - itinerary help/thoughts

cruiseequalsfun

All -

Originally I was thinking Irie 6 hr west hopping beach tour and then any time left spent in the downtown area before boarding the ship (lets face it though, my gut is saying we probably will be hot/tired/sandy/wet and not do much downtown) - probably by 6 pm tops to shower/dinner/show. 

Now I'm rethinking this, mainly because we have 4 ports (others are Aruba, Bonaire, St. Martin) and all 3 we will be doing beaches or snorkeling - for a large part of the day.  Perhaps this one is a good stop to switch it up, which I know my husband would like - he loves the sightseeing, etc.

So now I'm thinking get off the ship (by 9:30 am) and touring the downtown area on our own for a few hours, shopping, then lunch somewhere downtown area, possibly the 1 hr harbor tour offered by the maritime museum (as we are there on a Wed!), followed by a couple of hours at a close by beach.  Getting back to the ship by 6pm still.

Thoughts on this revised itinerary?  Think we would enjoy this (couple/mid 40's).  Any known 2-3 hr downtown tour companies or better just to see it on our own?  What beaches are close by (I hear Blue Bay Beach is 15 min away, but $30 USD each way seems steep for just a couple of hours) - and if you recommend a beach do they have any chair rentals?

Thanks in advance!

The snorkeling is too good, I wouldn't be able to pass it up, second only to Bonaire so I really can;t give you tour advice.  

We rented a car and went exploring, snorkeling with the turtles first.  Came back in plenty of time to head over to go shopping (closed due to a Holiday though).  We are in our 60's and just love the freedom of renting a car.  

Have fun

Duanerice1 is right, the snorkeling here is amazing, especially the West Side (West Punt area) beaches.  I do know some recent cruise visitors took their ships excursion in the morning to Blue Bay and enjoyed it.  They returned by 1 pm I believe and then headed to Punda (downtown area) to explore on their own.    I also know many who have taken Irie's tour and loved it (I live here so can't speak personally about that tour but I do recommend them to visitors).  

• Like 1