2020 Prices (New Brochure)

21 minutes ago, FIFE1 said:

I've not been to get a brochure yet (Summer 2020), but you can price up on the website this morning. Significant price increases from 2019!!

Hi Fife1

totally agree with the prices, I was looking at winter 2020 i could well be jumping ship wait and see.

I wouldn't be hasty to jump ship just yet. Gone are the days where booking early had a price advantage - the only one being the choice of cabin. All cruise lines work on supply and demand algorithms that set the price,  and as they've just come out, they haven't had chance to calculate it yet. For a few years now I have watched the prices for this year and waited for the deals to appear that closely match it - and they always do appear - then book when I am happy about it. Patience and flexibility are the key - we've always had a good deal and a good TA to get it - just watch and wait.

8 minutes ago, lexdisic said:

I wouldn't be hasty to jump ship just yet. Gone are the days where booking early had a price advantage - the only one being the choice of cabin. All cruise lines work on supply and demand algorithms that set the price,  and as they've just come out, they haven't had chance to calculate it yet. For a few years now I have watched the prices for this year and waited for the deals to appear that closely match it - and they always do appear - then book when I am happy about it. Patience and flexibility are the key - we've always had a good deal and a good TA to get it - just watch and wait.

Thanks lexdisic

for the info, yes i do get impatient, just love to get cruise booked up, but see many cruisers in my little job i have at Marchwood

P------------ CRUISE PARKING normally booking one month before cruise, thats with the big boy,s that come into Southampton, yes must be more patience.

I priced up a January 2020 cruise and compared it with the identical date one I booked for next January. The 2020 cruise was almost exactly 5% dearer. good value I reckon as the first cruise was Dream and the second Explorer which is orders of magnitude better.

Just looked at our booking for Sept next year compared to same in 2020 its very close the but is our 2019 cruise is £300 less now than when we booked so I agree best to wait if you don't mind missing out on favourite cabin. I will be waiting but like so, ton saint I find it very difficult. 

Been waiting eagerly for today and found a summer 2020 back to back itinerary that would be great.

I’m a novice solo cruiser, first cruise this year on Celebration and loved it.

Maybe this isn't quite the subject to put this post on but I still can’t get my head around the solo supplement on an all inclusive cruise?

From what I’ve worked out I will be paying approx a 1/3 more per person than a couple, which adds up for a 2 week cruise.

Have also been advised it’s always good to book early as solo cabins go quickly so you are effectively being penalised twice because you can’t monitor prices to hope they go down.

So rant over, gonna have to do some thinking, I suppose I’ve got a while to save up! :classic_rolleyes:

I think solo cruises with Marella are a pretty good deal compared with other cruise lines. I imagine you did what I do and did a dummy booking for 2 people and compared it with the price for one person. In your case it came out that you paid about 33% more for that cabin than 1 half of a couple would have paid. Another way of looking at it is you got that cabin for a hefty discount on what 2 people would have paid. You paid 66.5% of what a couple would have paid. On the 4 newer ships you get a full double sized cabin anyway, all to yourself. On my 'other' cruise line P&O I have sometimes paid up to 70% more than half of a couple. On some cruise lines you are expected to pay the full double price. I have just booked the xmas/new year cruise for next year on Explorer in the Canaries. the single supplement works out at 46% or I am paying 73% of what a couple would pay for that outside cabin. Marella have a good social programme for solos as well with hosted meals etc if you want to attend.

• Thanks 1

We are booked up for Explorer flying from Newcastle Feb2019. Booked in March 2018. 

Can't select Newcastle for Jan,Feb,March 2020?

Can select Manchester but cheapest cruise is a tad more than we have paid and we have extra legroom seats and selected inside cabin.

Noted a couple of months after booking, Newcastle no longer available but Manchester still was for approx £300 each cheaper. Wanted nice easy travel arrangements but now I know how much could have saved, would consider Manchester.

Will prices for Manchester come down at various times in the next year?

4 hours ago, oxygenbanditnot said:

Will prices for Manchester come down at various times in the next year?

Anything is possible, but really depends on the demand at any given time. The cruise I was on fluctuated so many times (Birmingham flight) by £3-£400 for an os until it was sold out and then a balcony from LGW was a further £300 cheaper again. You have to stay glued to the screen and just watch for the deals and strike when you're happy with it, things can change on a daily basis. I also tend to find more deals online from independant TA's rather than direct and then quote their price to my TA who invariably beats it 🙂