Jewel of the Seas - Oct 15/24 - more pictures and ...

cinesage

... at least one crucial correction to my posted review, ugh!  I submitted my CC review of our cruise last Thursday and it's now up (link in my signature below).  Even though I'm usually pretty meticulous about editing, please excuse (at least) one glaring mistake:  our junior suite (#1570) is actually on the starboard (right) side of the ship, and not the port (left) side as I typed in my review.  Since I highly recommended choosing a cabin on the same side of the ship that we had, I felt that correcting this error was important.  If only I could edit my CC review.

In any case, since submitting my review, I've had more time to peruse the pictures we took, a lot of which are better as (iPhone) 'live' pictures for the few seconds of video they contain, and wanted to share some more here.  I've seen others post their entire review - complete with pictures - on these boards, but since I first found/joined CC in 2010 and have been sharing my reviews "there", I've continued the habit.  Plus, since there were so many negative reviews of this Jewel itinerary, I felt like my positive review was needed for balance;-)

Pictures to follow ...

Three from Santorini, Greece:

- a reverse view of Oia (from the traditional, e.g. looking down towards the coast); we didn't have time to find the place for the signature shot that morning

- Santo Winery's perch in Pyrigos (Jewel below, Oia above it)

- a view of Jewel from Thera/Fira (yes, we were the only ship in port on October 20!)

oia.jpg

santowineryview.jpg

jewelfira.jpg

Madonna della Lettera aka Madonna of the Letter (another correction from my review;-) from the Port of Messina, Sicily

You can see the tip of the boot of Italy in the distance, only two miles away

portmessina.jpg

Edited by cinesage