UPGRADE FAIRY just callled!!!

jleck

Is that technically the "Upgrade Fairy" or the "Upsell Fairy"?- I thought the Upgrade Fairy gave free upgrades? (at least that's what happened when she/he visited me)

Regardless - congrats and enjoy! :D

Yup you are right that was the upsell fairy, you can tell because she is a bit plumper then her cousin the upgrade fairy.

That is fantastic! We are on your trip - I'd love to take a peek inside your cabin to see what it looks like if it wouldn't be too inconvenient. Last year we got an upsell from a mini suite to an AD - this year we just went ahead and booked an AE because we loved the AD so much. Looking forward to sailing with you!

Congratulations on what sounds like a super upsell!

We've had an interest in an upsell from our AA to a GV for the March 16 Dawn sailing. Our TA got a response to her request today, and we were offered an upsell. :D

For an additional $11,400. :eek:

This is on top of the $16,400 we've paid for the three staterooms that would be vacated. (If we were just vacating the one suite, the upsell amount would have been over $21,000.) Our AA would probably sell at brochure rate, as that category is sold out. There's $8,000. The connecting AC is also in short supply, so they'd probably sell that for $5,500. The other connecting stateroom is a BB, so it would at best be an upsell opportunity for a couple hundred bucks. I think I struggle with the new math, because that seems like a revenue opportunity of almost $14,000 for NCL.

Yes, you read it right--if we're upsold, we vacate three connecting staterooms including an Owner's Suite and a Penthouse. I really don't think NCL would have any trouble selling at full rate the AA and the AC.

I'm not going to give up hope, but it looks like the GVs will go to someone with a bit more discretionary income than we have. I have NO complaints with our AA, but since we booked it over a year ago our group has grown. We're now bringing seven adults with us who have never cruised NCL, and I thought a sailing in the GV would pretty much make them NCL cruisers for life!

It's nice to hear about the success stories--keep them coming!

Happy sailing, Carla

Jleck! You will absolutely LOVE the AB suite. We were upsold last year also from an AF mini to the AB on the NCL Star to Mexico for $1000. It was well worth it! You will never want to leave the bathroom! It was fabulous. I hope we can get that deal again some day! Have your Butler bring you your full course breakfast each day. The robes that they have for your use are also fabulous, terry inside and silk on the outside...great! Bon Voyage! Marilyn ;)

Congratulations on what sounds like a super upsell!

We've had an interest in an upsell from our AA to a GV for the March 16 Dawn sailing. Our TA got a response to her request today, and we were offered an upsell. :D

For an additional $11,400. :eek:

This is on top of the $16,400 we've paid for the three staterooms that would be vacated. (If we were just vacating the one suite, the upsell amount would have been over $21,000.) Our AA would probably sell at brochure rate, as that category is sold out. There's $8,000. The connecting AC is also in short supply, so they'd probably sell that for $5,500. The other connecting stateroom is a BB, so it would at best be an upsell opportunity for a couple hundred bucks. I think I struggle with the new math, because that seems like a revenue opportunity of almost $14,000 for NCL.

Yes, you read it right--if we're upsold, we vacate three connecting staterooms including an Owner's Suite and a Penthouse. I really don't think NCL would have any trouble selling at full rate the AA and the AC.

I'm not going to give up hope, but it looks like the GVs will go to someone with a bit more discretionary income than we have. I have NO complaints with our AA, but since we booked it over a year ago our group has grown. We're now bringing seven adults with us who have never cruised NCL, and I thought a sailing in the GV would pretty much make them NCL cruisers for life!

It's nice to hear about the success stories--keep them coming!

Happy sailing, Carla

Carla don't give up hope. I just noticed today that the price of a Garden Villa on our 2/21 STAR cruise was cut in half, it's now listed as $6900 instead of the $13,000 rate it was yesterday....of course it's only being offered at the reduced rates for Lattitudes members.

Just keep your eye on the prices, if it was meant to be.........

:)

Jleck! You will absolutely LOVE the AB suite. We were upsold last year also from an AF mini to the AB on the NCL Star to Mexico for $1000. It was well worth it! You will never want to leave the bathroom! It was fabulous. I hope we can get that deal again some day! Have your Butler bring you your full course breakfast each day. The robes that they have for your use are also fabulous, terry inside and silk on the outside...great! Bon Voyage! Marilyn ;)

Dont give up hope,as the sailing date gets closer the upsell offer will probably be reduced.But you will have to keep in contact with upsell desk. GOOD Luck,Your going to have a great cruise either way. TOM

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! FANTASTIC!!!!!:)

You WILL, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your AB!!!!:)

It TRULY IS a FABULOUS CABIN!!!:)

We were upgraded last year from an AF to an AB and next month we will be staying in an AB too. Can't wait......!!!!:D

Have you seen the "Orcatek" web site? He has GREAT pictures!! Plus, a couple of posts an this main Board have some excellent pictures!!

If you have ANY questions, just ask...

Suesan:)

Carla don't give up hope. I just noticed today that the price of a Garden Villa on our 2/21 STAR cruise was cut in half, it's now listed as $6900 instead of the $13,000 rate it was yesterday....of course it's only being offered at the reduced rates for Lattitudes members.

Just keep your eye on the prices, if it was meant to be.........

:)

Not if you are British - our price still comes in at over $13,000 for that Garden Villa in the UK website :mad:

My TA just called.

We were booked in a mini-suite (AF) on the 3-5 Dawn sailing. Just upgraded to a penthouse suite (AB) for $1100 more. :)

YES!!!!!!!!

We were just offered the same upsale and took it. We will be in a penthouse AB on the same sailing. See you at the Cruise Critic Mtg on board. Hope you enjoy it as much as we plan to. Wahooooo...:D :D :D

Suesan Jean, thanks for directing me to that website - the photos were great, including getting a peek at the Butler's Menu!!!

Being in an AB, we get cell phones that work on the ship, right? Does anyone know how many?

Also, I'd love to hear about any "surprise" perks that come with a penthouse cabin.

Thanks everyone. I'm so much more informed because of you.

Archived