Nice cruise for late 20's ?

doum334

We are in our late 20's and looking for a cruise where we won't feel out of place regarding to the rest of the crowds.

We've looked in Crystal and Radisson but from the comments I read, it looks like most travelers on thoses cruises are retired or in the 50-70 range.

Is it possible to find a 5 stars (or close to) cruise with a young crowd?

Since you are looking at the luxury cruises which really aren't a party atmosphere, a step down would be Celebrity or Holland America. I can only speak about Celebrity. Even though the average passenger age is older, there are a quite a few younger people on board every Celebrity cruise we have taken.

A good TA should be able to steer you in the right direction to find your ideal cruise.

Carnival is not an option if you are looking for a 5 star ship. And I do not think that you will find a combination of a young crowd and a 5 star ship; the majority of pax on the luxury lines are older.

X is a great choice if you would like to try a premium line and IMO if you select an itinerary that attracts a younger crowd - the Caribbean and not Alasksa - you will have a very good time. But, don't expect to find a lot of pax in your age group.

Choose an M class ship and you will have great options for entertainment in the evenings.

If you really want to be on a ship with many in your age group that is nicer than Carnival, Voyager class on RCI would be a good bet.

JMHO.

Winstar?

We went on RSSC for honeymoon (27&31) . Love it. We went last year to Tahiti on Paul Gauguin (31&35)... love it even more. Do we feel out of place? No.

We are very independent, and don't need other to keep us company. We are not the hairy chest contest & newly wed game type of people.

Depend on yourself.

CARNIVAL CARNIVAL CARNIVAL ....

me and my hub are in our late 20's and loved it..

we went on the conquest. it was so much fun and everyone was friendly..

different ages but mostly late 20's-40's some older .. service good, food,, good,, you will have a great time...

celebrity all old people , me and my hub felt out of place for sure ...

everyone was rude and snobby.... they had a 50's sock hop ,,,ok,, i dont think so,, anyways good luck choosing....

melissa

It's all down to personal taste.

We cruised Celebrity Summit for our honeymoon (i'm 25) and just loved it. There was a real mix of ages. It's true that there were a lot of older guests but we still met others who were younger.

It depends what you want from a holiday - if you want to make lots of friends and party the whole time then Carnival may be your preference but I don't know that you'll get the luxury you will with the other lines.

We found lots of entertainment that we liked and good facilities with Celebrity and it still had the real pampering element of a luxurious cruise.

We are going RC Voyager this year though - it's transatlantic and has more facilities for all those sea days.

Hope you find the perfect cruise.

Ellie

Archived