Ground Transport in Seattle

We were originally going to fly to Seattle on the day of the trip, but have decided that would be too stressful (plane delays etc.) and use NCL transfers at $50 per person to and from the airport. I am assuming since we are arriving a day early and going to a hotel instead of the port that we won't be able to use NCL transfers. Am I correct?

If not using NCL transfers, what is the best way to get from the airport to hotel, hotel to ship, and ship back to airport? There will be 6 people.

Also, how far is it from the airport to the port for NCL Star (miles and travel time)?

Hotel suggestions would be appreciated also.

Thanks.

There is a company called Shuttle Express that will shuttle you anywhere in the Seattle area, it's about $25 per person. A taxi to downtown Seattle is about $25-30. If you're staying at a hotel in downtown Seattle, Greyline has a shuttle service that's about $8 per person that stops at several of the hotels downtown (but not the ones by Seattle Center). If it doesn't stop at your hotel, it probably stops at one within a block or two. Both of these services can be arranged upon arrival in Seattle--just head to the far south end of the baggage claim level.

To get from your hotel to the ship, the best choice is probably a taxi. It shouldn't run more than $10 from anywhere in the downtown area. To get back to the airport from the ship, you can take a taxi (about $30) or take Shuttle Express.

For inexpensive hotels, try the area around Seattle Center. There are quite a few hotels to the east of Seattle Center that are pretty inexpensive. For a more upscale hotel, the Westin is nice and located pretty close to Pike Place Market and the shopping district. If you do stay at the Westin, try to get a room on a higher floor for a really good view. The 5-star hotel in town is the Olympic--it's been owned by Four Seasons and by Fairmont and I can't remember who owns it right now, but it's a really gorgeous historic hotel and great for a splurge. DH and I spent the first night of our honeymoon there. :)

Archived