Disembarkation in Barbados

tjwa

The ship docks in Bridgetown at 8.00am and Virgin flight back to UK is at 5.25pm. I’ve only experienced the system used by P&O so can anyone assist with the following questions:-

a) Is your luggage collected the night before, transported to the airport and you don’t see it until arrival in the UK.

b) Do you have the option to pay for the day use of a cabin on the ship until transfer to the airport.

c) Having bought a drinks package is this still valid on departure day.

Thanks

Edited by tjwa

My experience of disembarking in Barbados to fly back to the UK twice was that your luggage went out the night before, as usual practice, but on both occasions we kept our cabin until about 1pm and were able to use our drinks package on disembarkation day.  Our transfers to the airport were about 3-4 hours before flight time and you collected your luggage from an MSC 'pile' of luggage at the airport to check in.  My only concern is that I've just read another thread on the 'new' drink packages which suggests that they aren't valid on disembarkation day. 

Thank you for the information.

With regard to the drink package and with the discussions re the changes, I decided to check our booking conditions for the Restaurant & Bar Package. It was booked in August 2018 and it clearly states that the package is not valid on disembarkation day.

Regards

tjwa

3 hours ago, tjwa said:

Thank you for the information.

With regard to the drink package and with the discussions re the changes, I decided to check our booking conditions for the Restaurant & Bar Package. It was booked in August 2018 and it clearly states that the package is not valid on disembarkation day.

Regards

tjwa

We only have 3 MSC cruises, from 43 total with various lines, and never had a cruiseline who honoured a drinks package on disembarkation day. With one exception, on our most recent cruise in the Meraviglia Yacht Club, we had all facilities on our final day and were able to stay aboard until 6pm in Marseilles due to a late flight....that is because within the Yacht Club there is no showing of card or signing for anything, as everything is included except the high end (** on drinks menu) drinks.