Hamilton on Christmas Eve

Eloise4Ever

Could anyone offer advice to someone who has not visited Bermuda before and will be docking in Hamilton between 9am and 3:30pm on Christmas Eve 2018? Are there any nice beaches close by that we could visit? Is it likely that public transport will be operational that day?

54 minutes ago, Eloise4Ever said:

Could anyone offer advice to someone who has not visited Bermuda before and will be docking in Hamilton between 9am and 3:30pm on Christmas Eve 2018? Are there any nice beaches close by that we could visit? Is it likely that public transport will be operational that day?

It won't be beach weather that time of year. Temperature could reach 70 but also it could be in the mid 60's. Water temps will be chilly. That day is not a holiday so public buses should be running. Hamilton is the main shopping center so I think everything will be open during the day. 

8 hours ago, Eloise4Ever said:

Thanks for your replies folks. I hadn't really considered the weather, silly me. Because I live in Ireland I just knew it would be much warmer than home. But beach weather to an Irish person is probably very different to someone from the USA! 

If you just want to get a look at the beaches, the beaches are beautiful, you can take the #7 bus to the South Shore. Horseshoe Bay or Warwick Long Bay.  About a 30 minute bus ride. Also walking between Warwick and Horseshoe is a great hike.