Question regarding internet - Nieuw Amsterdam

ckmommy72

Hi all - I have a girlfriend who is sailing on the Nieuw Amsterdam next month.  She hasn't cruised much and has a couple questions regarding internet.  She owns a pretty successful Etsy store and needs to be able to access her Etsy store daily. She has customers asking questions, artwork that needs to be uploaded or emailed, etc.

She saw that she can buy a block of internet minutes, but she's wondering how that works as it relates to uploading or emailing artwork.  Do the number of minutes it takes to upload a file simply come off the block of minutes she's purchased?  What if she uploads multiple files at the same time?

I was thinking that her best option might be to simply get an international plan with her cell provider and use that to access her store.  There are only 2 sea days in their itinerary.

Just looking for some more detailed info on how the internet plans work and any suggestions everyone might have for her.

TIA!! 🙂

I think N.A. has switched to the new 3-tier unlimited-time plans rather than the block minutes. If so, she would need either the Surf plan at approximately $25/day or the Premium for about $30/day. She can buy for individual days at sea or the entire cruise.

Edited by catl331

Just now, catl331 said:

I think N.A. has switched to the new 3-tier unlimited-time plans rather than the block minutes. If so, she would need either the Surf plan at approximately $25/day or the premium for about $30/day. She can buy for individual days at sea or the entire cruise.

Thank you, Carol...I saw another thread that mentioned the pay by the day plans...and wondered if that was how things were on her ship now.  I will tell her to look in to it.  Thanks!