Onboard Laundry Service??

stlrboo

somewhere I tho't I had seen where a bag of laundry would be washed, dried and 'pressed' by the ship services on a Monday night for a $12.00 fee.

Is this a figment of my 'imagination', or is it real? I was on the 'Imagination' once, so I may be 'imagining' things.

Would cut down on my packing needs though! icon_rolleyes.gif Anyone??

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2004;4;17;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

This much time until I marry my best friend

odie_anm.gif

Triumph 4/04

Imagination 5/00

OceanBreeze 11/96

USS 'Neversail' SanDiego 10/65

OK, I would like a clear answer on this too. I have heard no to dry cleaning on carnival, yes to dry cleaning on carnival. And about this laundry service. Is it available all the time for a higher fee? Or just on a special day for $12 and what you can fit in a bag? I refuse to go near a washing machine or dryer on vacation! But,.... I am willing to pay for the privilage of someone else doing our laundry. I have even considered going to a laundry in Puerto Vallarta where they have same day service.

Stefanie

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;08;29;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Cruise on the pride

That special was for one day only on our cruise. The bag is very small.. but you can fit your essentials in it.... not a bad deal for 12 bucks.. but with a family of four.. it was more economical for me to do laundry twice during our week.

Cathy

dolphin.gif

Ecstacy October 1992

Destiny October 1999

TRIUMPH May2003

TRIUMPH AGAIN! May 2004

Returning to the TRIUMPH on MAY 15TH!!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;5;15;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

http://community.webshots.com/user/catrin0917

Stephanie, Laundry service is available every day for a fee. As the other posters have noted, on at least one day, they will offer a laundry "special". B&P

Triumph 1/10/04 "Where it all ends, I can't fathom my friends..If I knew I might toss out my anchor..So I'll CRUISE along, always searching for songs..not a lawyer a thief or a banker"...J. Buffet

seems like $12. would be quite a deal on a Monday or Tuesday. 3/4 days of travel day clothes, two 'dockers', slacks and a couple shirts plus 'unmentionables'.

My packing is almost cut it half!! icon_biggrin.gif

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2004;4;17;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

This much time until I marry my best friend

odie_anm.gif

Triumph 4/04

Imagination 5/00

OceanBreeze 11/96

I haven't availed myself of this 'deal' (using the term very loosely) because it doesn't make sense to me to pay 10 or 12 bucks to have someone else wash what I can wash onboard in the launderette in a MUCH larger capacity for 1/6 the price...just my opinion. But yes, such a service does indeed exist once a week onboard Carnival ships.

Militant Breastfeeding & Homebirth Proponent-Sandra Carmichael

Mardi Gras 6/79

Mardi Gras 6/79

(back to back cruises)

Celebration 8/02

Splendour of the Seas 3/03

Jubilee 7/03

Conquest 1/04

Celebration 1/04

Elation 2/04

Elation *coming again* 1/05

The "all you can fit in a bag for $12" deal is offered only one day on a seven-night cruise. It's either Thursday or Friday, depending on whether you are on a Saturday-Saturday or Sunday-Sunday itinerary. Whether it's available on shorter voyages, I do not know.

Tom <--- Curmudgeon of the Seas

imgcommentary_hackstone.jpg

bagpiper_piping_md_wht.gif

Eleven cruises so far. Up next:

Shhhh, it's a surprise!

The bag is the size of an oversized plastic grocery bag. You could fit like a pair of jeans and some underwear, I think.

Doing laundry on the ship is really quite easy and quick, the dryers are huge and you can do one large load in a hour. Remember to bring quarters from home, and don't forget to pack some laundry detergent and dryer sheets from home! A small box of detergent at the pursers desk will cost you $2.

Suep366394@aol.com

woodstock-28.gif

NEXT UP~SENSATION 5/6/04!

MARINER~ 9/19! MIRACLE~FEB 13,2005!

Miracle.gif

http://community.webshots.com/user/upstatedon OUR CRUISE PICS!

It's just my opinion, but since I do laundry 51 weeks a year, the week I'm on vacation, I'm also on vacation from doing laundry! icon_cool.gif

I also don't smuggle booze either, but that's just me! icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks for the help! I'm 'laundry free'!!

This much time until I leave to marry my best friend

odie_anm.gif

Triumph 4/04

Imagination 5/00

OceanBreeze 11/96

Planning to do laundry on the ship does have one big benefit. It cuts down on the tendancy to overpack since you don't have to stress out about running out of clothes. This is a big plus especially now that the major airlines are charging for overweight luggage.

Thanks for the info BabsandPaul. The way I figure the cost in my mind is that it would take me 2 hours of my time to do laundry, add to that the quarters and and detergent and softner, and I don't care if I have to pay $50 for someone else to do my laundry. My time is worth more than $25 an hour. icon_smile.gif

Stefanie

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;08;29;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Cruise on the pride

Amen Stef!! I'll either fork over the big bucks or bring enough clothes to last 7 days!! No time for laundry on a cruise. I can do that at home!! 2 hrs. of my time on a cruise is worth WAY more than a measly $12......

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00ffff&cdt=2004;6;19;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0400 Until the FUN begins!!!!

We were on the Triumph in March 2003 and the bag for $12 was very small. I did laundry just once during the week (just two of us) and it was easy. We did it in the afternoon and were fortunate to find both washers empty. Ran two loads at once and then came back and put everything in two dryers. I have a pet peeve about dirty laundry and don't mind one bit doing a couple of loads.

Archived