questions on star Princess

winny63

We just booked our first ever trip and decided to make it a cruise. Im nervous and yet sort of excited. I dont know what to expect as i never travelled before. Any good tips would be greatly appreciated. We leave on Feb 12 2006.

Its a western carribian.

thanks

Diane:confused:

Winny,

Hope you will love the Star. She is a beauty of a ship with an excellent crew.

My last cruise was on the Star doing the Baltic.

I have posted a review here & have loads of photos on my webshots link below.

Just be yourself & enjoy your cruise :)

Hi, our transatlantic cruise on the STAR was absoultely the greatest of our sixteen cruises because the ship is so spectacular..........truly the best cruise we have ever taken. The lovely atrium and shops and the fabuluous pool areas and the spa is wonderful, had my hair colored and cut in the salon while moored in France , the windows are floor to ceiling there; the food was wonderful and the ship never felt congested with folks,,,,,,the show rooms are terrific,,,,,,,massive............and the service and staterooms the tops................you will have the most memorable experience of a lifetime on the STAR.................enjoy..........sailinsal................ps four months until we sail out of San Fran for ten days to Alaska.......yea

We cruised the Star last October and love it. It is a beautiful ship. Enjoy your cruise. You will want to do everything and try everything, so be sure to rest up before you go.

One tip I have is that you can shower for free in the Spa. I started doing this every afternoon before dinner because the showers in the cabins are quite small. You will have plenty of room in the spa showers to shave your legs and turn around!:D

I'll be on this cruise! I'm looking forward to it now that it is less than a month away.

If you want to take tours on the islands you may want to look those over and pick some out. I sometimes take a tour, sometimes I just walk around and keep myself occupied for a while. There are lots of activities to do on the ship, there will be a daily bulletin (called the princess patter) delivered to your cabin every day informing you of everything that is going on.

I say just go with the flow, once you board and get into your cabin you can then become familiar with the ship. Of course there are always a few rude people no matter where you go however there are over 2,000 people on the ship and most are very friendly. I think you'll enjoy the vacation.

I've been to Cozumel and Grand Cayman before however I'm looking forward to seeing Jamaica.

Hey look me up I will be there also.

A tip. Take one of those air freshners with a night light for the bathroom. Make sure you get the one where the plug rotates because the outlet is in a tight space.

The ship will offer lots of tours in each port. It's up to you whether you want to take advantage of them. I like to relax on my cruises, and not have to get up early and get off the ship for a tour. There are places for walking and shopping near the docks, and there are taxis to take you to beach areas if that's your preference. The best tours fill up early (Stingray city in Grand Cayman for example) but there are many tours that you can book the day before. Just check the boards by the tour desk in the atrium!

Do enjoy yourself. Cruising is a great way to vacation, unpack once, and see some really neat islands.

Archived