MS Rotterdam Docking Location in Bordeaux, France

TommyC

Hello - can anyone help with 10/2019 docking location of the Rotterdam in Bordeaux? There seem to be multiple locations; some in the city, others far away. I've searched the internet, the HAL website and CC with no results. Thanks for your help.

19 minutes ago, TommyC said:

Hello - can anyone help with 10/2019 docking location of the Rotterdam in Bordeaux? There seem to be multiple locations; some in the city, others far away. I've searched the internet, the HAL website and CC with no results. Thanks for your help.

The 2019 Bordeaux cruise ship schedule only goes through August at this time. You still have eleven months to go. I would check back a bit later

Largest cruise ships visiting Bordeaux dock at Le Verdon-sur-Mer (at about 30 min drive distance). Port de la Lune (quay in the city center) handles smaller (mainly luxury cruise ships and mega yachts - won't work for Rottie) and also riverboats operating on Gironde cruise itineraries.

Ships with max LOA length 255 m (837 ft - Rotterdam is 780 ft) are allowed to dock at the quay by Place de la Bourse (near the Place des Quinconces square) - approx 200 m (700 ft) from the city center.

Bordeaux cruise ship terminal at Bassens port has 1 berth (number 431) and can handle the largest vessels. The Bassens Cruise Terminal is located in the city's metropolitan area, at approx 30 min from the city center.