Off the Ruby on Nov 10, 2018

AZJerry

9 hours ago, gamajr said:

I'm also on the December 8 Ruby cruise.

A quick question. Someone mention the new TVs being wall mounted. Does this mean that in the mini suites we will now have two more shelves available to us in the room?

My inside cabin was still in the same corner it usually is, but my friend said hers was wall mounted. Not sure what type cabin she booked.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, gamajr said:

I'm also on the December 8 Ruby cruise.

A quick question. Someone mention the new TVs being wall mounted. Does this mean that in the mini suites we will now have two more shelves available to us in the room?

We had a mini suite and there are 2 TV's both mounted on the wall, one opposite the bed and one opposite the sofa.  So yes you get a whole bunch of shelves and storage.  The TV's are nice but ours had issues with the programing codes, we had to have a tech come the last 3 days of our cruise to re-enter the codes so we could use the TVs.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Sillyjilly said:

I guess I was lucky. I never had slow bar service. I guess I was in the right place at the right time. 🙂

I loved the cruise and the one following it. One of my best Princess cruises to date.

Good for you.

I just put a long commentary of various things on the Ruby last week (11/10-17) on another Ruby thread.... my biggest disappointment was the Slice....no pepperoni pizza all week!!!     And no side chair (see pictures above) in balcony cabins any more; only a desk chair.

To add:   We found the "tapas" plate in Vines AWFUL -- Both Brucetta soggy bread, other was 1 piece of salami, 1 white onion & a tiny cracker -- good thing they don't charge for it! 

Wine shortage?  After we consumed 2 bottles of Decoy chardonnay, they had no more.... 

Edited by Cruisin Kay D

On ‎11‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 5:19 PM, AZJerry said:

Off the Ruby on Nov 10. As usual, we had a great time. Here are some random thoughts / observations:

•  
  • Peas in the corn beef hash several mornings. Really? 

Putting peas in corned beef hash-------that is just so wrong.  The chef who did that should be blackballed from the food industry.

Just a couple of other comments:

- I didn't use the internet very much but worked well when I did.

- In our balcony, the corner shelf where the TV used to be was left empty. I did notice that they removed the TV cable connection (which makes sense) and one of the two AC outlets. Luckily I brought a non-surge-suppressing outlet strip to use for charging our electronics. The shelf was good for that.

19 hours ago, Cruisin Kay D said:

I just put a long commentary of various things on the Ruby last week (11/10-17) on another Ruby thread.... my biggest disappointment was the Slice....no pepperoni pizza all week!!!     And no side chair (see pictures above) in balcony cabins any more; only a desk chair.

To add:   We found the "tapas" plate in Vines AWFUL -- Both Brucetta soggy bread, other was 1 piece of salami, 1 white onion & a tiny cracker -- good thing they don't charge for it! 

Wine shortage?  After we consumed 2 bottles of Decoy chardonnay, they had no more.... 

After many, many, many cruises.................I have never seen the same wines available that are on the menu in all the bars/dining rooms.  ALL cruise lines are the same.

Pepperoni pizza was available through room service only. It sucks, however their pizza in general doesn't live up to the past. The Stromboni and toasted breads were wonderful. I never once did not find an alternative that I did not like.