Paradise 11/1+everything to know Fantasy class ships inc pics of all cabin classes

MLJS

The Comedy shows are held in I’m the Queen Mary Lounge on Deck 9 Aft. We heard the family show by The Cowboy Comedian on the first sea was excellent and Ronnie Bullard was good too. They each do two different shows on the sea day evenings-so a total of 4 shows. Many times, the comedians will switch ships while in a foreign port, but this trip was so short, they did not need to. 

We we went to the first two shows. We thought family show by Ronnie Bullard was hysterical and The Cowboy Comedian was funny too. 

We did not not have any problem getting seats. 

164A3AB0-4DBF-4E48-914F-FA08575FFBC2.jpeg

When I listed the perks of a suites I forgot to mention that you get your choice of dining times  and a free bag of laundry.  Our trip was so short that we did not need laundry done. I see this as a real perk on longer 7 day cruises. 

Here is the letter they they gave us 

479FF05D-0749-4116-9E7C-E9781E665E61.jpeg

When onboard, make sure your cell phones are on airplane mode.  While on the ship, you pay roaming fees to Carnival.   I have read about people coming home to $500-1000 phone bills from their carrriers. 

Check with your carrier and see if you have coverage in the other countries. We have coverage in Mexico so we always make any phone calls we need to make and check text messages & emails while ashore. 

Many of the restaurants offer free wi-fi with a purchase. In progresso, I have purchased a drink at the bar just off the ship and then sat on the ship using their wi-fi 

here are the internet packages you can buy. Because it goes through a satellite, it is much slower than you may be used to. 

DB8FA743-51CE-4D28-B820-C1C1B5530041.jpeg

If someone needs to contact you. 

The following number is to be used as an emergency contact number for family members not traveling with our guests. In the event of a true emergency, family may contact our call center at 1-800-227-6482 on a 24/7 basis.

Our team will take down the caller's name and contact information and pass it on to our Guest Services team onboard.

If you are a coffee conisoir, you will enjoy coffee from the Cafe le deFrance. They sell coffee and pastries here. It is located mid ship on the Promenade deck 9. The coffee is included in the Cheers program but is NOT included in the Bottomless Bubbles program

The Cheers program 

• The cost to pre-purchase CHEERS! prior to your cruise is $51.95 USD per person, per day plus 15% gratuity. CHEERS! can be purchased online at www.carnival.com/Funshops or by contacting 'The Fun Shops' Department at 800 522-7648, Monday through Sunday, 8:00am-10:00pm ET. Cut-off for pre-purchase is at 10:00pm ET, the evening prior to the cruise departure.
  • Once on board your ship, you can sign up for CHEERS! at a bar location and the cost is $56.95 USD per person, per day plus 15% gratuity.     

The following beverages are available within the CHEERS! program:

• All spirits, including cocktails, cognacs, whiskies and other spirits, as well as beer (including self-serve beer stations) and wine and champagne by the glass, with a $20 USD or lower menu price per serving 
  • Sodas (including specialty sodas), Zero-Proof frozen cocktails (including smoothies) and juices 
  • Specialty coffees and hot tea served in the main dining rooms, specialty restaurants and coffee bars
  • Milkshakes, where applicable  
  • RockStar energy drinks, Powerade, Vitamin Water, Coconut Water and Honest Tea
  • 500ml bottled water and other non-alcoholic bottled beverages served in bars and lounges
  • Large format (1 liter and 1.5-liter) bottles of water in the main dining rooms and specialty restaurants
  • 25 percent discount off the menu price for any spirit, cocktail or wine by the glass, costing above $20 USD per serving
  • 25 percent discount off the menu price for wine and champagne by the bottle 
  • 25 percent discount off beverage seminars and classes

Bottomless bubbles

Prices* are per day - a 15% gratuity will automatically be added at time of purchase of the program.

• Child price per day $4.95 USD (17 years of age and younger) 
  • Adult price per day $7.50 USD (18 years of age and older) 

The following beverages are offered through Bottomless Bubbles (flavors may vary):

• Soft Drinks/Soda: Coca-Cola, Diet Coke, Coca-Cola Zero, Caffeine Free Coke, Sprite, Spite Zero, Orange Fanta, Mr. Pibb, Barqs Root Beer, Tonic Water, Club Soda and Ginger Ale
  • Juices: Orange Juice, Cranberry Juice, Tomato Juice, Pineapple Juice and Grapefruit Juice 

Bottomless Bubbles excludes:

• Non-alcoholic beverages other than soda and juices listed above
  • Beverages promoted and sold in souvenir glasses
  • Bottled water
  • Specialty coffee
  • Beverages offered at gangway while debarking
  • Beverages offered through room service or the interactive TV system (where applicable) or other in-stateroom beverage programs

84B60480-D940-4151-B9F8-E43BFA9961E3.jpeg

We don’t usually purchase either. We normally bring our own soda and wine. 

You are are allowed to bring 12 CANs of non-alcoholic beverages per person plus a 750 ml bottle of wine. It must be in your carry on.   If you bring bottles, it will be confiscated. 

If you you would like bottled water for use in your cabin or on excursions, you can order a 12 pack prior to your cruise for under $5. Much better deal than buying on board. 

We usually are able to get a small bottle or two of Jack Daniels on board in our luggage for my husband. I had a friend who traveled with me a few years ago that actually put an 18 pack of beer in his bag and had no problems getting it on board. We also are occasionally able to bring some back from port. 

When I traveled with my parents and brother on a 7 day cruise, we were able to bring a bottle per person including  the 5 kids with us. 

The sun deck- deck 15 is the newly added to the Paradise and Elation. We were up there when we went under the  Sunshine Skyway bridge. It was quite windy.  I have heard that this will be eventually converted to the serenity deck at a later dry dock 

D3DE1AE7-8583-4E24-A9B8-4D10E4865067.jpeg

On ‎11‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 11:07 PM, MLJS said:

The Deli is located on the back side of the salad bar/ice cream buffet.  Deck 10 inside the Buffet  Here is the menu:

2A9EF5AC-748A-4090-97B3-DF9F333D1BF6.jpeg

Food is so subjective, but I hardly can come up with enough gratitude for my twelve year old's delight in being able to go to the deli and order herself a tuna sandwich any time she liked on Carnival Sensation.  Nobody has to dress up and sit around in the dining room waiting to be served fancy stuff, which personally is what I like to do, but my husband and kid are just not interested.

Thanks for a wonderful and complimentary review of the re-imagined Paradise. I am surprised at the generous dimensions of some of those inside cabins (which look great, by the way with the most recent updates), and equally amused at what they can call a Jr. Suite, which on most other Carnival ships would be a balcony stateroom.

Edited by KmomChicago

When selecting your room, make sure you know what is above and below you. Look how close you are to elevators and stairwells. 

I like being on the Empress deck. It’s one flight up to dinner and two to the Promenade.  Easy to walk up and down. At least for me, my knees can’t do a whole lot more than that, so being even one floor down means using the elevator more.

I have found cabins that are near the rear (Aft) stairwell & elevators are fairly quiet.  The cabins up around the entrances to the atrium are noisier.  

Most of the cabins on this class of ship are not under noisy areas and have buffers against noise. Most of the Empress cabins are under the master dining room and kitchen.  We once had a room under the kitchen area and we only once heard a dish crash to the floor.  The rooms we have had under the dining rooms and front theaters were quiet. I have never been under the piano bar or circle c, so I have no idea if they get noisy at night.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thank you for the pictures of the junior suites on the new Grand Deck.  Yours are the only ones I have been able to find on the entire internet!   We have one booked in 4 weeks and really excited, especially now after seeing the pictures.

I am disappointed somewhat that the bottom half of the balcony wall is solid rather than glass.  It looks as though there is no way to see the water while sitting in the chairs, but only while standing.   Still, we spend most time on the common decks and mainly use the balcony for reading and dozing in the afternoon...

Thanks for the ton of information in your post.

12 hours ago, future1sttimecruiser said:

Thank you for the very detailed review, complete with photos, menus and fun times. I really appreciate this level of detail. It's been several years since I've cruised so it's like I'm a newbie. I'll be on the Paradise this June - can't wait!

Hope you have a great time!!!

19 hours ago, Florings said:

Thank you for the pictures of the junior suites on the new Grand Deck.  Yours are the only ones I have been able to find on the entire internet!   We have one booked in 4 weeks and really excited, especially now after seeing the pictures.

I am disappointed somewhat that the bottom half of the balcony wall is solid rather than glass.  It looks as though there is no way to see the water while sitting in the chairs, but only while standing.   Still, we spend most time on the common decks and mainly use the balcony for reading and dozing in the afternoon...

Thanks for the ton of information in your post.

I think it is only the older, original balconies on the upper deck have the solid bottom. All the newer balconies appear to be glass and the ones on the grand floor are a little larger than the verandah balaconies 

this is is a picture I took looking at the grand suite balcony from outside

FBAA5D96-9AE5-47C8-A014-9B0548A4609D.jpeg