Refreshment pkg...shakes at JR?

skiiergirl

My question is for a friend and specifically regarding Freedom out of SJU (but info on other ships might assist others).

With the refreshment package, are the shakes at JR available to go without dining in and paying the cover charge?

(I have read some ships will not honor the free shakes unless you are paying the cover charge at JR.) 

(Please list specific ship and month/yr of your experience.)

tia, 

Edited by skiiergirl

I am interested in this as well. Will be on Symphony and have the deluxe package and am hoping that I can just pop into the diner to get a shake as the food doesn’t look appealing to me but the shakes and dessert do. Thanks. 

2 minutes ago, Stayinggolden83 said:

According to the flier they released, the milkshakes are only available while dining there. 

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/General_Info/18060283_Beverage_Package_Trade_Flyer.pdf

Oh that’s a huge bummer. No milkshakes for us then I guess. Any idea about smoothies being included from the Vitality Cafe? I don’t see it on the list. 

Thanks. 

13 minutes ago, sh2738 said:

Oh that’s a huge bummer. No milkshakes for us then I guess. Any idea about smoothies being included from the Vitality Cafe? I don’t see it on the list. 

Thanks. 

I was able to get them on my last cruise with the package, as long as they didn't include protein powder. 

54 minutes ago, sh2738 said:

I am interested in this as well. Will be on Symphony and have the deluxe package and am hoping that I can just pop into the diner to get a shake as the food doesn’t look appealing to me but the shakes and dessert do. Thanks. 

We were on the Symphony for the TA.  Hubs had the deluxe beverage package & I had the refreshment package.  We enjoyed our FREE milkshakes at JR while sitting at the counter.  It was a nice little treat & we enjoyed the nostalgic atmosphere.  They were delicious. (we didn't order any food) 

3 minutes ago, Dizzy Moo said:

We were on the Symphony for the TA.  Hubs had the deluxe beverage package & I had the refreshment package.  We enjoyed our FREE milkshakes at JR while sitting at the counter.  It was a nice little treat & we enjoyed the nostalgic atmosphere.  They were delicious. (we didn't order any food) 

Thats great to hear. Thanks. 

Last week (11/4/18), I was able to order milkshakes to go from JR.   I figured since I wasn't paying the cover charge, I wouldn't stay around - too much temptation looking at those onion rings!   The cover charge really got high!   But those milkshakes, covered in the refreshment package, are fabulous!

1 minute ago, Oceans4 said:

Last week (11/4/18), I was able to order milkshakes to go from JR.   I figured since I wasn't paying the cover charge, I wouldn't stay around - too much temptation looking at those onion rings!   The cover charge really got high!   But those milkshakes, covered in the refreshment package, are fabulous!

Great to to hear that you were able to get them to go. Would love to be able to do that. 

6 hours ago, Oceans4 said:

What ship?

We too were on the Symphony ta and were told

you have to dine here

and

they are only buy one get one free (twice)

this was by a manager of JR, waitress and guest relations.  

Not it sure why it’s such a big deal to let you get one to go. 

On 11/15/2018 at 8:41 PM, maggieq said:

We too were on the Symphony ta and were told

you have to dine here

and

they are only buy one get one free (twice)

this was by a manager of JR, waitress and guest relations.  

Not it sure why it’s such a big deal to let you get one to go. 

On Symphony now. Bought refreshment package for grandson. He has already gotten a milkshake five different times.  from JR without dining. Just ordered it and took it out.

• Like 1