What' s the ave. price?

I'll be cruising for the first time and I'm wondering if about $100 per day is about the average price. (not including extra's, just being on the ship) I'm planning a four day and hoping that it won't be more than 500 per person, am I just dreaming? Also how much are the drinks? I'm hoping not to spend more than 100 per day. Thanks all, I love this website!!!!

I'm soon to be a first cruiser as well (late april) and I'm loving this site as well. :D I've learned and am still learning sooo much! I would think the the cost per day would depend on what you plan on purchasing on the ship and probably what ship you're gonna be on.

I know on most cruises your meals are free as long as you eat in the designated places. Do you plan on buying alot of drinks, buying pictures, spa visits? I know that minimum tips on my ship are about $10 a day and we're probably going to bring a little something to drink with us as well as buy some special drinks, buy a few pics and souveniers here and there but I don't plan on spending even $100 a day. Just depends on each person and how much you can afford to spend. :confused:

Where are you going and when?

Oh were you asking how much the cruise itself costs? If so I guess I got totally lost lol! :eek: Like I said earlier I'm cruising the Majesty late April to the Bahamas - cheapest room Deck 2 inside cost me about $250 ea. but I think it went up a bit.

Thanks so much all. I'm going in mid-late february to the carribean somewhere. I know it's completely vague, but we have atravel agent looking into it. I've never even flown (since I was 8 years old anyways) so I have NO idea how to even go about this trip!!! Thats why I love this site so much, so many helpful people!!!! Thanks again!

I started by going to RCCL's website and searching caribbean and finding the cruises the fit my budget then researched the different places to decide where I'd like to go. Make sure you check out the plane prices - flying from Ohio to Florida is more expensive for DH and I then the cruise itself. Also since you don't like flying you may want to find the price on a non-stop flights (as I did for DH) The total prices were my determining factor. :cool:

DH is short for "dear husband" or DW "dear wife"... MIL "mother-in-law... lol is "laugh out loud"... LOL - just threw that in there because I never ever knew what THAT one meant until someone told me finally years after I first saw it! :)

I'll be cruising for the first time and I'm wondering if about $100 per day is about the average price. (not including extra's, just being on the ship) I'm planning a four day and hoping that it won't be more than 500 per person, am I just dreaming? Also how much are the drinks? I'm hoping not to spend more than 100 per day. Thanks all, I love this website!!!!

If you want to save money on drinks then you could buy a drinks package

For children ( they can drink as much soda as they like) and thats $4 a day.

But iam not sure about adults. We have done it alot of the time when we board. its deffernatly worth it if you have children.

Then you dont have to worry about your kids buy other childrens drink and having nasty suprises at the end of your crise.

Hope that helps

I think a lot depends on what ship you are sailing on. The newer ships are more expensive. If you don't care about being in an inside room my rule of thumb is $100/night. I try to keep a 7 night criuse under $700.

We going on a 5 night and I got the room for $319 per person.

Archived