Semi-Live on Anthem (11/17/2018)

alane10

15 hours ago, philpcruiser said:

Was there a tribute band on this cruise?  If so, who were they?

I was on this cruise. At the beginning there was a Journey tribute band, but they seemed to have gotten off in Florida. No tribute band after that.

On 11/24/2018 at 9:39 AM, GSRDPM said:

I was wondering if you could comment on the status of the current cruise director and activity manager on your cruise.  It seems there was an unexpected change?  Did this happen during your trip?

I was on this cruise as well. "Tornado" Tanya Yates assumed the CD role from Dru on 11/17. She mentioned at the Meet and Mingle the next day that he departed the ship in Bayonne on turn around day on emergency leave. At that time, it was unknown the reason or how long he will be gone. The Compass reflected Dru till day three when things were, I assume, re-printed. 

6 hours ago, RTPGiants said:

I was on this cruise. At the beginning there was a Journey tribute band, but they seemed to have gotten off in Florida. No tribute band after that.

We found another great band called "Switched On" playing in the music hall in the evenings towards the end of the cruise. They played a wonderful variety of music.

My only real music/venue complaint is that they basically turned Schooner's into a adult-fun-playtime with the "sing along" guy every night. We were looking forward to trying this venue out as a nice place to relax and have a "high end" drink, but it was always packed with people singing Piano Man or whatever. This noise also carried over into Chops which honestly made it less classy. I'd suggest Royal rethink where exactly each performer sets up going forward.

Anyone know if they offer the North Star on port days?  I will be on the Anthem in a couple of weeks and have been trying to book the North Star while in port.  Reservation system is only offering sea days.  Can I only book it for port days when I get on board?  Same with iFly.

Yes, NorthStar goes up while in port.   Also, don't fret about reservations--we have done standby on NorthStar many times.  You will walk by sometimes and see a very short or no line at all.  It's a cool view both at sea and in port.

OP:  We saw Anthem in Port Canaveral last week--we were on NCL Escape.  I got some great pics of Anthem just before the downpour.  We plan to cruise on Anthem once or twice before it leaves NJ in 2020!!  I also want to check out Coco Cay when it's finished.  I noticed while we were at Great Stirrup Cay next to Coco Cay that the dock was nowhere near done.  Not a fan of tendering!   

Thanks for the review and all those fabulous pics.  

We will be on the 1-18-19 Anthem sailing and have an embarkation question.  Did you have any experience or see/talk to anyone about the new rules regarding taking on limited bottles/cans of non-alcohol beverages such as soda and/or water in carry on only?  Or wine in carry on only?

We usually put our 2 bottles of wine in our checked bags so we don't have to carry them around the ship until the cabin is ready.  They get heavy to carry around.  Just curious if anyone put them in their checked bag and if they were delivered to their stateroom, or if you had to collect them in the naughty room, thanks, Vicki