Using Timeshare Weeks for Cruising

kabookie

Anyone out there that's used their timeshare week (or points, if you are on that system) toward a cruise?

I have a week that I deposit every year with RCI - They are now advertising cruises as an option, but looking at the pricing, it doesn't seem like I get much of anything for my week deposit - the cruise prices are barely discounted.

I'd appreciate opinions from anyone else with a timeshare that has used it toward a cruise - was it worth it?

Anyone out there that's used their timeshare week (or points, if you are on that system) toward a cruise?

I have a week that I deposit every year with RCI - They are now advertising cruises as an option, but looking at the pricing, it doesn't seem like I get much of anything for my week deposit - the cruise prices are barely discounted.

I'd appreciate opinions from anyone else with a timeshare that has used it toward a cruise - was it worth it?

Our friends did that on RCI, they said they really only saved about $125 total versus just buying the cruise outright. (It was a peak spring break week, but only the two of them.)

PC

YOu are very right, RCI gives you little for your weeks/points. Its probably better to book your week yourself, then 'sell' /rent it out via ebay or redweek.com

RCI charges the same as cruiselines or any other TA, standard brochure rates thru their travel agency.

I've looked into using my RCI week towards a cruise too. With what they were going to give me, I was able to get a better deal thru one of the on-line cruise agents. And, I still had a week to vacation with!!..........Karen

I just traded a week through RCI - and I saved about $500 for 5 people and 2 cabins. Not a huge amount, but I wasn't going to use my week anyway so what the heck. I have another more valuable time share week through Interval International that I was going to try to use, but they make you deposit your week FIRST, then they will tell you the price. If you don't like it, you can't reverse the deposit (they try to tell you that you can) Maybe RCI won't save you as much, but at least you know what you're dealing with.

I have a blue week through RCI in a Virginia Beach condo. Not worth a whole lot. I traded for a 5 day Western Caribbean 8/19 on the Enchantment of the Seas.

As for selling a time share - I found a website called "sellmytimesharenow". They charge you a listing fee upfront but your listing is good till you sell. I've had a few inquiries, but they talked me into pricing higher than I thought it was worth. I'll probably go in and lower the price and see what that does. You can also sell on e-bay, but I'm not sure how all that works.

We bought "weeks", no set week to have to use it by so we have 34.

bought it about 6 years ago and only used one of our weeks, well

actually we are giving it to my husbands daughter and her husband.

I just think this whole RCI thing is a pain in the bottom. I'll look into what the value is and try to unload it. thanks for the advice.

Archived