Limo or Taxi Service from Port to Bangkok Airport

FLTXKS

Does anyone have a suggestion for an internet source to book transportation from the Port in the Bangkok area that Princess uses to the Bangkok airport? Any recent cruisers on the Pacific Princess, what port did the ship dock at in the Bangkok area. I understand that the ship's port is about 100 miles from Bangkok. Any information is appreciated! My email is fltxks@aol.com

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

I used http://www.orientalescape.com on our 10/18/05 Princess Sapphire trip. The car they used was a late model toyota that was very comfortable (and roomy enough for all our luggage). The cost from the port to our hotel was 1800 BHT (@$45.00US). This was approximately the same costs as taxis available at the port for hire--but the taxis did seem smaller than the car that we had. Interesting item about oriental escape is that we did not get off the ship until @ 1pm and our driver, who we had alerted to be there at 9:00 am, was still there holding a sign for us! Note, the driver did not speak much english. However, on the way he used his cell phone to call the company and we spoke with them. They offerred additional services in Bangkok at greatly reduced prices (like $20 for an 8 hour city tour) but we had already made arrangements both with our group and by ourselves. Finally, the other item that I liked about this outfit was we did not pay until after the service had been rendered. I am always a bit leary paying up front for a company no one I know has heard of. BTW, we had payment ready in Thai Baht.

Have a great trip!

Archived