Royal Genie - Allure

Goes211

Hi all 😃 Was hoping somebody could tell me who the current genies on Allure are? We are sailing in 5 days in Star Class and have been told that we should expect to hear from our Genie in app 1-2 weeks before we sail.  I have read everything I can find on Genies on the boards and most people have suggested we should have heard from somebody at this point?

This is our first time in Star Class so I really have no idea what to expect? Thank you

1 hour ago, Goes211 said:

Hi all 😃 Was hoping somebody could tell me who the current genies on Allure are? We are sailing in 5 days in Star Class and have been told that we should expect to hear from our Genie in app 1-2 weeks before we sail.  I have read everything I can find on Genies on the boards and most people have suggested we should have heard from somebody at this point?

This is our first time in Star Class so I really have no idea what to expect? Thank you

You should have definitely heard from them by now.  Why don't you try emailing the concierge   AL_Concierge01@rccl.com  and inquire with them....  

Lol, I did email Nancy & Junior 3 days ago. Have not heard back from them either? But other people in my group who are staying in a Crown Loft suite have already heard from them to begin making their plans...kind of disappointing for me?

1 hour ago, Goes211 said:

Lol, I did email Nancy & Junior 3 days ago. Have not heard back from them either? But other people in my group who are staying in a Crown Loft suite have already heard from them to begin making their plans...kind of disappointing for me?

Thats very strange.  I sail allure often both in crown lofts and in star class and have not had any communication issues.  I know this is a silly question but are you sure that their emails are not somehow going to your spam or junk folder?  I know I have had issues in the past where I have not received emails.  Even had to create a gmail account just to email royal because their it dept could not figure out how to deal with mine.   I know thats not of much comfort.  But it is highly unusual.  Did you just book in the last week?? or has it been booked for a long time?? wonder if you got someones room that was cancelled and through the wonders of IT the original reservation holder are getting your emails?   

Had a similar issue with our upcoming sailing on Adventure.  We have a suite and I had not heard from anyone and didn't receive a response to my email sent to the concierge address.  One phone call to Crown and Anchor (asked to speak to a manager right away) and it got the fire going.  Heard from the concierge within 24 hours and my request was taken care of.  They were very apologetic and willing to do whatever to help at C&A.  Give them a call.  Good luck and enjoy your trip!

1 hour ago, TheTruthCanHurt said:

Thats very strange.  I sail allure often both in crown lofts and in star class and have not had any communication issues.  I know this is a silly question but are you sure that their emails are not somehow going to your spam or junk folder?  I know I have had issues in the past where I have not received emails.  Even had to create a gmail account just to email royal because their it dept could not figure out how to deal with mine.   I know thats not of much comfort.  But it is highly unusual.  Did you just book in the last week?? or has it been booked for a long time?? wonder if you got someones room that was cancelled and through the wonders of IT the original reservation holder are getting your emails?   

Thank you, and no, not silly at all. I have checked spam and junk mail daily "just in case." I did receive the questionnaire from "Genie Central" almost 6 weeks ago and it did not go into my junk folder either. This cruise was originally the Cancelled Hurricane cruise from last September and we were booked in a Crown Loft Suite, but upgraded it in February of this year, so not really last minute for us 😃

Update. Called my girl Sherie @ RC and she was wonderful. Within the hour Charlie sent us an email with our full schedule for the week.  Thank you for all the responses. So looking forward to sailing Allure again 😃

• Like 1