My Drink Package Refund became a Balance Due on Paid in Full Cruise!

I am having an issue with Royal Caribbean for a cruise that I am set to take in two weeks.  This cruise was booked over a year ago, and was paid in full back in September.  On Thursday, I noticed that my Drink Package (the one without the alcohol) had gone down in price a little.  So, I decided to cancel the package (for my Husband and myself), and rebook to take advantage of the reduced rate.  Yesterday morning I was again looking at the Cruise Planner for this upcoming trip.  I noticed on my Dashboard that the "Pay Remaining Balance" was highlighted.  I thought that was strange, so I clicked on it to check it out.  Imagine my surprise when I saw that I now owe $212.40 as of September 26, 2018!  The amount was exactly what should have been credited back to my charge card for cancelling the two drink packages.  So, I spent over an hour on hold yesterday trying to get Royal Caribbean to fix it.  They acknowledged that they did, in fact, add my credit due as an additional charge to my cruise.  They assured me that they would not cancel my cruise for non-payment.  However, they would offer no documentation to let me know that this has been rectified.  Instead, I am supposed to wait 5-7 business days for the credit to my account to be issued.  Now, I can't sign waivers for onboard activities or complete the online check-in because my reservations isn't accessible--because it's being "modified'.  I also am still showing a balance due of $212.40.  It makes me very uneasy to just "trust" that this is going to be fixed by Royal Caribbean...

Wow, sorry that happened to you, that is awful and why I would be very hesitant to book and cancel, then reorder drink packages/excursions, etc with a price drop as everyone suggests to do on here.  I hope that gets straightened out for you very soon! Not to mention the double charges that would be on my credit card while "waiting" for however long for RCCL to credit it back to my card...