Summit Vs Escape

mgf316

Hello Everyone, I am definitly going on on either the Escape or summit to Bermuda same date same itinerary. What I want to know is what is the better ship. So basically this question is for those that have sailed on both. I know the Escape is a lot bigger and has more bars and restaurants but I am also taking my inlaws into consideration who are traveling with us. My wife and I are in our late 20s early 30s and sailed NCL many times and love it. We never sailed on celebrity. My in-laws never cruises before and are in their 60’s. My wife and I as well as my in-laws love to have a great time and love places where we can relax and have great drinks and company and have good entertainment. What do you think they will like better? What do you guys recommend. The Escape is a few hundred dollars more. Both include the beverage package ( on celebrity it’s the classic beverage package) thanks in advance for all your help!

The Summit will get an overhaul in March which may change the ship quite a bit. No one knows for sure yet since  details haven't been released. We cruised on the Escape once and NCL was a one and done for us. I didn't care for how crowded the ship was and I don't like all of the advance scheduling you need to do. Celebrity's drink package is better than NCL's, even if you don't upgrade to premium. Celebrity's specialty dining is also better IMO.  The entire vibe on NCL vs Celebrity will be quite a bit different, with Celebrity being far more laid back. Escape was a nice ship, but even with all of the 'stuff' to do, I felt like without advance planning all we did was eat and drink. All in all, for me, I would do Summit without hesitation.