OAS 11/11 - 11/18 Star Class

MadamG2U

Hello everyone, I wanted to come back and thank each of you for answering my questions, giving me advise and writing such great reviews.  I can not come close to writing as well as you but I wanted to talk about Star Class.  I must have read every review going back several years.  Some I read over and over and I want to give back and if I can help someone decide about Star Class then I'm happy.

So some history and who the players are.

HISTORY

This cruise was booked to celebrate my Mom's 81st birthday, my Dad's 82nd birthday and their 62nd wedding anniversary.  In January I booked a Jr. Suite and did the happy dance.  I've been cruising a long time but I've never stayed in a suite.  I did the happy dance all the way to work, then I spoke to my co-worker.  He said thats good but you need to book a grand suite or better in order to enjoy the suite perks.  He suggested I call every few weeks to see if someone cancels the grand suite and also put my name on the upgrade list.  And so it begins, I called every other week from mid January to mid May and each time there was only one suite available - the royal suite.  Now don't get me wrong I was happy with the Jr. Suite, but it you don't try you don't get.  By mid May I gave in an asked what the room number to the suite was so that I could look it up on you tube.  The guy was funny...he said you will look and you will book.  I watched that video everyday until mid June.  Then I made the dreaded call.  I had a number in my mind on what I could afford to pay.  As luck would have it I got the same guy.  He went over my number by a few hundred.  And thus the Royal Suite was mine!

THE PLAYERS

Me  -  the planner, the banker, the keeper of secrets

My Mom & Dad  -  just tell them when to be ready and how much of a donation they shouldl make

My Aunt  -  packed and ready to go at the drop of a hat donation in the mail

I told no one about the suite, nor did I tell my parents that my Dad's youngest sister was joining us.  The longest secrets in life!

THE PROBLEM

I live in NY, my parents in NC and my Aunt in Maryland.  My mother kindly informed me that there was no way she was letting my dad drive from NC to Fl.   My Aunt said she would need to meet us in Orlando and I don't drive.  So they left me to figure it out.  So...I took Amtrak from NY - NC on 11/8.  We drove to Hilton Head on 11/9.  I have DVC so it worked out.  We drove to Orlando on 11/10, and the ship on 11/11.  My Aunt flew in on 11/10 and I arranged Disney transportation from the airport to Bay Lake Towers,.  Let's just say my mom did the ugly cry and my dad just stood there surprised.  Problems solved!

I am at work, and have to run to a meeting.  So to be continued.....

I am so sorry for the delay, being back in the real world sucks!

Arrival

Who knew!  There are no words!  Amazing, wonderful, thoughtful, joyful, just plain nice!  We arrived at the terminal around 10:30 and when I saw those 4 letters I could only smile!  We drove up and all these porters started yelling at us to move, you can't stop here, you should have dropped your luggage back there.  It was ugly and I could tell my family was uncomfortable.  I politely rolled down my window looked at the porter closest to the car and said "We are Star Class"  He yelled Star Class they are good!  All the other porters just disappeared.

Dropped off the luggage with my mom and my aunt with instructions not to move or let anyone take the luggage.  Then dad I an went to park.  I would say from the time we pulled up to the time we walked into the suite 25 minutes.  Believe me the lines were long!

By this time my family is just a tad confused.  How did we jump the line, how are we on the ship so fast, who is this man I'm talking with, and where the hell are we going.  My mom was the first to say something.  "Where are we going, how come we got on the elevator and he would not let anyone else on, I thought we were on the 10th floor!"  I looked at Monowar (who by the way was in on the surprise), he looked at me and the floor.  Not sure if he knew what to say.  

We reached the 17th floor, walked thru the glass doors and down the hall.  Monowar was kind enough to put a large happy birthday F&J on the door.  He opened the door looked at my mom and said welcome.  Let's just say nobody moved.  I felt like I was pushing in the herd.  It was the longest slowest walk ever!

The Suite

Looking at the video does this suite no justice.  It is just downright amazing.  I think my family went into shock, hell I think I went into shock.  The piano, the living area, dining area all just blow us away.  They were still cleaning (the balcony), Monowar made a call and then it happen.  My mom did the ugly cry.  I think it scared everybody.  Monowar walked over put his arm around her and said "Don't cry your daughter did all of this for you and your husband.  It is my job to make sure you vacation is unlike anything you have ever done".  My mom "Who are you?"  Monowar "I'm your Genie"  He smiled, we spoke and he said I will be back to check on you guys my other family just boarded.  

We did a quick tour.  My folks took the downstairs bedroom, my aunt and I upstairs.  I swear the master bathroom could hold a queen size bed.  But oh when I showed them the balcony.  No one moved, spoke, they just stared.

Dang gotta do something called work.  To be continued

Edited by MadamG2U
  • Like 2

Wow!  What a great experience.  We had a similar experience this past February when we were upgraded from a owner's suite to a star loft after getting on the ship.  We had no idea what to expect and our minds were blown and that was for only a star loft not the royal.  I hope you all had an amazing time.  It sounds like you received an amazing deal.

Monowar is a fantastic Genie, we had him for our 25th Wedding Anniversary. He went WAY BEYOND decorating our room for our Anniversary Party. Front row seats at shows, dinner at the specialty restaurants even if it is full. Always front of line.

Ask your Genie for ANYTHING, he will make it happen.

The Experience/Food

There is nothing you can ask for that your Genie will do his best to get.  I loved not having to make reservations and having front row seats.  I have to admit I even enjoyed watching him explain to people that they could not sit in our seats.  Oh the looks we got.

Every day snacks/food arrived two three times a day.  I don't think we ever ate lunch out.  The dining room table was always full.  And OH the rolling bar that came everyday at 4 pm.  The best one day 150 Central Park, the Genie, and the rolling bar left 9 martinis - 3 chocolate; 3 cucumber; 3 star class specials.  My aunt, dad and I gave it our best shot, then we all fell asleep on the balcony.

The special restaurants - Oh my the food was amazing.  Walking in and they knew us by name.  Each place did something special for my folks 62nd anniversary.  

Overall

If you can afford to stay star class please do!  Not sure when I can do it again, but somewhere down the line I will.  You are treated like royalty.  It was probably the most relaxing cruise I have ever done and I have done over 20.  

Any questions, please ask

MadamG2U

16 hours ago, amybk27 said:

Wow!  What a great experience.  We had a similar experience this past February when we were upgraded from a owner's suite to a star loft after getting on the ship.  We had no idea what to expect and our minds were blown and that was for only a star loft not the royal.  I hope you all had an amazing time.  It sounds like you received an amazing deal.

So glad you enjoyed it as much as I did.  I did get a deal I just could not pass on.  

MadamG2U

13 hours ago, ronsauna said:

Monowar is a fantastic Genie, we had him for our 25th Wedding Anniversary. He went WAY BEYOND decorating our room for our Anniversary Party. Front row seats at shows, dinner at the specialty restaurants even if it is full. Always front of line.

Ask your Genie for ANYTHING, he will make it happen.

I have to admit I miss him.  He is such a thoughtful person.  He is on vacation but won't be returning to Oasis.  He didn't tell me where he would be going.  I hope our paths will cross again.

MadamG2U

On 11/29/2018 at 11:04 AM, MadamG2U said:

My mom did the ugly cry.  I think it scared everybody.  Monowar walked over put his arm around her and said "Don't cry your daughter did all of this for you and your husband.  It is my job to make sure you vacation is unlike anything you have ever done".  My mom "Who are you?"  Monowar "I'm your Genie"  He smiled, we spoke and he said I will be back to check on you guys my other family just boarded.  

MadamG2U, I remember helping you with a few questions before you left.  What I highlighted above made me smile.  That is what it is all about for me.

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

MadamG2U, I remember helping you with a few questions before you left.  What I highlighted above made me smile.  That is what it is all about for me.

Hello how are you and your family.  Yes that is one of the many things I will remember.  RCCL actually called me last night  regarding my praise of him on their survey.  He said he would make sure that Monowar's supervisor would get a copy and thanked me for taking the time to write about my cruise.

MadamG2U

On ‎11‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 10:32 AM, MadamG2U said:

The Experience/Food

There is nothing you can ask for that your Genie will do his best to get.  I loved not having to make reservations and having front row seats.  I have to admit I even enjoyed watching him explain to people that they could not sit in our seats.  Oh the looks we got.

Every day snacks/food arrived two three times a day.  I don't think we ever ate lunch out.  The dining room table was always full.  And OH the rolling bar that came everyday at 4 pm.  The best one day 150 Central Park, the Genie, and the rolling bar left 9 martinis - 3 chocolate; 3 cucumber; 3 star class specials.  My aunt, dad and I gave it our best shot, then we all fell asleep on the balcony.

The special restaurants - Oh my the food was amazing.  Walking in and they knew us by name.  Each place did something special for my folks 62nd anniversary.  

Overall

If you can afford to stay star class please do!  Not sure when I can do it again, but somewhere down the line I will.  You are treated like royalty.  It was probably the most relaxing cruise I have ever done and I have done over 20.  

Any questions, please ask

MadamG2U

Thank you for recapping your experience! We will be sailing on Symphony in Star Class a week from today, and it was fun to get a taste of it through this thread. I was happy to see you mention the rolling bar. That was one of the original Star Class perks that I thought they had done away with, along with a few others (I have my original Star Class brochure that was sent to me in March 2017 when we first booked, and it has many more perks than the current one that is now online). Hopefully we'll get those in-cabin cocktails as well, we'll see. Do you know if they offered they full week of Thermal Spa access too, for Star Class? That was another perk that appears to have vanished from the list...

Thanks again for sharing your story.

2 hours ago, TheInnocentAge said:

Thank you for recapping your experience! We will be sailing on Symphony in Star Class a week from today, and it was fun to get a taste of it through this thread. I was happy to see you mention the rolling bar. That was one of the original Star Class perks that I thought they had done away with, along with a few others (I have my original Star Class brochure that was sent to me in March 2017 when we first booked, and it has many more perks than the current one that is now online). Hopefully we'll get those in-cabin cocktails as well, we'll see. Do you know if they offered they full week of Thermal Spa access too, for Star Class? That was another perk that appears to have vanished from the list...

Thanks again for sharing your story.

Hello I am sure your trip will be amazing!  We did not use the Thermal Spa.  My information did say that it was offered one day only,  I did however do two different massage treatments which were wonderful.  Have a great trip

MadamG2U