How to get a drink before I get my seapass- app check in

mcatmcat

Last cruise, got on a plane, used my iPhone with the boarding pass ready.  Got off the plane, went to hotel, who already sent me an email stating your room is ready.  Walked past the desk, direct to my room, and used my iPhone to open the door.  Next day, went to ship, with my seapass card opened on my iPhone.  Checked in using it.  No issues.  Walked onto the ship, got dinged in, turned right, and got my first drink.  Than I went to Jaimi's for my boarding day lunch with the ultimate food package.  They asked me my name and room number, and had no issue.  I see, you have the dining package, right this way......

I'm not young, and approaching retirement.  I just don't see what the big deal is.  Even if you don't use your phone on the cruise, when you get on, you have it until you get to the room.  It doesn't change anything.  I still got my drink.  Got my food, and went to room after lunch, and got my cards. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

I don't think the new system has anything to do with saving guest's time.  It's to save the cruise line money.  I suspect that having the crew distribute cards does not cost the cruise line as much money as all those extra check-in agents.

I think it has more to do with the fact that they are now doing the tablet check in.  When we were at Terminal A, the agents were in line, they scan you boarding pass and everything is done there vs going to a desk to check in.  Would take more time if they had to go and get your cards.  So while I don't like it, I do understand with the new check in process, why they are doing it.