Non-alcoholic Beverages Questions

aotmc

As I won't be drinking alcohol on my upcoming cruise, I had some questions come to mind.

1.) Are the "mocktails" offered at every bar or only certain drinks at certain bars?

2.) Is seltzer or sparkling water a charge, or is it included?

3.) Are non-alcoholic drinks with a charge included in happy hour? What if they aren't a bar mixed drink- like soda or specialty coffee?

Any info welcome, thanks!

Mocktails are available at all the bars, but you may have to ask for a menu with the mocktails on it. On my most recent cruise, the bar menus did not have any non-alcoholic drinks listed, not even cokes or mineral water.

Selzer/Sparkling Water does incur a charge in my experience, but not if ordered in conjunction with a fruit juice, which will incur a charge at bars. (Orange or Cranberry Juice Spritzers are very refreshing on hot afternoons.)

Mocktails are included in the Happy Hour Pricing. I learned this by accident, when I ordered a Fresh Grapefruit Not-a-Cosmo during Happy Hour and two were delivered. The server indicated that it was because it was Happy Hour, and they usually just make a second drink, even if only one is ordered. I took the second one to the Dining Room to have with dinner.

There is a charge for seltzer/sparkling water, which HAL calls "soda water" when you get it from a bar.   It's what I mostly drink if I'm not drinking still water, and so prior to our Zuiderdam cruise this summer, our first on HAL, I bought the soda card for $25, which gives you $50 worth of soda on board, including soda water.  If I recall correctly, the cost of each glass was about $2.25, and if I ordered it at the Explorations Cafe bar, they typically gave me a huge glass. I thought it was a pretty good deal, given what I drink.