Uvero Beach

mrsz

It's north of the port about a half hour.  Exclusively used by cruise lines for snorkeling excursions.  Snorkeling from the beach is better than snorkeling along the malecon and south.  But yes, not a lot there.  I wouldn't necessarily book this for a beach day. But maybe if snorkeling is a must.

8 hours ago, crewsweeper said:

It's north of the port about a half hour.  Exclusively used by cruise lines for snorkeling excursions.  Snorkeling from the beach is better than snorkeling along the malecon and south.  But yes, not a lot there.  I wouldn't necessarily book this for a beach day. But maybe if snorkeling is a must.

Is there a better beach you would recommend. I really want to book through cruise line and not many options. Don’t feel safe taking a taxi

There's a tram at the Port that goes to the malecon/beaches in Mahahual.  You can get off and walk along the malecon. Find a beach club to your liking, not one that has guys out hawking loungers is preferable.  Snorkeling isn't as good as Uvero but if you just want a beach, you are fine.  Most beach clubs do not charge for loungers but ask for you to purchase food and drink.  Very reasonably priced and very good food at several of these.  See the threads below.

Taxis are very safe in Costa Maya.  If you walk out of the cruise Port parking area, you'll see a taxi stand.  Ask for Captain Charlie.  He'll take care of you. 

Whether taxi or tram, you'll need a taxi to return.  Used to be $3 down and $2 back per person.  But I hear it went up a $1 or two. Even so, you'll probably spend less than on a ship excursion.