FLL port parking-10day cruises

Peggyb

We will be driving to Fort Lauderdale for a 10 day Coral Princess cruise..April 23. Plan to arrive the night before and than drive to the port the next am, and park in the parking garage.

Does anyone know if the Coral leaves and returns from the same area of the port and will we be able to walk to the parking deck when we return?

Thanks

the ship will probably not return to the same docking area, but Princess will have a bus to take you to the other parking area, and one time. we just parked where the ship will return (after dropping off our bags) and took a cab back to the departure dock.

The other thing to think about since you are arriving the night before, is to stay at a hotel that will allow you to park your car there for free for the duration and just take a cab back and forth.

Peggy - we encountered that problem on our Dawn cruise a few years ago. We didn't know about the shuttle and my husband and brother-in-law walked to get the car. We know now to take the bus - thanks Chrysalis!

Also Peggy, my husband and I are on the same cruise that you are! We have a wonderful roll call going under Princess roll calls! Would love to meet you on the cruise and would love for you to join our roll call. We have a great group going and it should be a lot of fun!

On my Coral sailing, Nov 4, we left and returned to the same berth, the northern most berth by 17th street. Not sure how they determine which ship uses which berth but since the Coral on 10 cruises is usually not leaving or arriving on Saturday or Sunday, most of the berths are open.

There is a list of hotel's that allow you to park your car.

Amerisuites downtown Ft Lauderdale allow's it the only one I can find downtown. Book through valuetrips.com for lowest rate.

Last year when we took the Coral we left our car at the Holiday Inn Hollywood for the entire stay - we were able to park right outside their front door for the 10 days it was great. They have a shuttle for 20.00 a person roundtrip to the pier or you can get a taxi.

I have read that other's leave their car at the LaQuinta Airport location without any probelms as well.

The other thing that you may want to check is a rental car - not sure if they will charge you a drop fee from GA to FL or not. We line in FL and rent a car each way from Clearwater area both Budget and Thrifty have drops by the port.

ENJOY THE CORAL !!!

Archived